Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

How do I get the sleep mode to run properly?

3 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

I have a big problem with the sleep function.

Sleep isn't working properly. As soon as I press the button or close the lid, it will go into "half-sleep". I can still hear the fan working, also the hard drive. The moon on my laptop is blinking.

When I open the lid, I just have a black screen and I have to hard reset my laptop....

Second thread for another problem. Hope it is ok for you guys.

I attached my DSDT for you. I don't know whether it is helpful or not.... (Credits to Griven@hackintosh-forum)

best regards

Lenovo Thinkpad T61

Typ: 7664-1GG

Graphics: 128MB nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M

WLAN: Sparklan WPEA-127N Atheros AR9380

Partition 1: Windows 8

Partition 2: OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3

After reinstall, WLAN works now, but sleep has the same issue.

Another issue is that i cant shutdown my hackintosh completely. Screen turns black, but I still hear my fan working.

EDIT: My bad guys. Wrong DSDT path in chameleon boot list :-) Shutdown working properly. Sleep open left

I had the same issue. I found that I needed to add my card (465 GTX) into the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement - not only is my card cooler now when idle, but it allows my system to sleep properly.