Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

new 10.8 install

5 posts in this topic

hey guys was wondering if anyone has any ideas i have a system which runs 10.6.8 perfectly, i have since purchased a copy of 10.8 and created a myhack usb installer which installs great except, on reboot i get a boot error. i can bypass this by booting from the usb installer and then selecting the mountain lion drive, here in lies my next problem it doesnt boot... all i get is the apple logo with the pin wheel which constantly spins and goes no further. If i restart and do the same procedure with -x it starts and i can complete the new user/computer setup but on restart i and reboot i get the same apple logo and pin wheel spinning, i have started the machine with -v and a screen shot of the machine is below if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly apreciated, specs are below.

quad q6600

4gb ddr2

500gb seagate sata 2 hdd

7600GT nvidia

sata dvd rw

is graphics.. i don't know if that nvidia it works in 10.8 .. kind old graphics..

try to do what u do to work in 10.6.8

good hack

thanks for the speedy reply scellow, how do you recommend i install it with the system the way it is at the moment should i boot my sl drive and then copy the kext into the extensions folder on the ml drive and the repair disk permissions?

hey artur i found that the update from 10.6 to 10.6.8 solved the graphics issue for me but unfortunately i cant get the os to boot correctly to do the update in 10.8

found a 8300 nvidia do you think that would be ok?