Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mountain Lion on acer 5920g

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to install Mountain Lion 10.8 on my Acer 5920g.

I replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and the IOPCIFamily.kext with the ones of snow leopard 10.6.8 (which I have now working on this laptop) to go past the PCI Configuration Begin error, but now I'm stuck on ''Still waiting for root device''.

I've already tried the ''UseKernelCache=No'' and ''npci=0x2000'' but without results.

Does someone have a solution for this problem?

for what ?

u graphics don't work at all is 32 bit , ml is 64 bit

if gonna try something try to install Lion in arch=i386

several problems but it works until 10.7.2 , no more test after

good hack

I forgot to say that I grave the version with the GeForce 8600m GS graphics card, not the one with the integrated or the ati graphics.

So, the GeForce isn't working also with extra kext (natit / nvenabler etc...) ?

'cause I'm running snow leopard in 64bit mode with natit.kext to make the full graphics acceleration working and I also managed to install the nvidia cuda driver.

And honestly I don't really mind about the 3d graphics acceleration, I'll probably use my hackintosh only for Xcode.

Thank u for your help!

EDIT: sorry, I noticed that I wrote in the netbook section also if I'm talking about a notebook.

I'm really sorry. Moderators, could you please move the thread? Thanks ^^