Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

4 posts in this topic

Hi all!

So my Hackintosh I built last year was working like a charm and I was really happy with it. It had some freezes sometimes but very few (like every computer).

So I'm working on this super important project and I was just doing some work when it freezed again. I thought it's not a big deal since this has happened before. So I forced shut down and when I wanted to boot again, the Apple logo didn't come up with the wheel.

I was shocked, I didn't know what could possibly be wrong! So I booted with -v and saw the following error after some time: "ebios read error: device timeout"

I have a system where OSX is on a separate SSD and Windows on another SSD. Then I have 3 2TB harddrives which store ALL my work (with backups). So I booted into Windows and after I installed Mac Driver I saw that it said the harddrives are corrupted, all 3 of them! I didn't know how this could be possible. The SSD where the system is stored didn't seem to be damaged.

SO I unplugged ALL harddrives except the system SSD and I still got the error, this time it was "ebios read error controller or device error" with more information (Here is a pic: http://i.imgur.com/skszA.jpg)

I'm really exhausted. ALL of my work is on those harddrives and I can't just format them...

Can you guys help me?