Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

[Boot]PCI Configuration Begin; not booting

3 posts in this topic

I've just managed to install 10.8 from usb (###### method) with PCIRootUID=0 flag (otherwise black screen even in verbose mode). Now I'm in, and I have to fix the boot: having to boot with USB stick inside my laptop and writing each time "PCIRootUID=0" is not what I meant when I decided to come back to hackintosh :P

I tried installing I-don-t-know-what (DSDT MODE! An user from this forum made it for me a couple of years ago) with ###### from inside the OS but what I get is, in verbose mode, "PCI Configuration begin", and then freeze.

All of my hardware, except for audio, works just fine and is recognized by the system (I'm impressed!).

What can I do to grant myself a safe boot? :)

Sounds like you forgot to install Chameleon on your bootable hard drive which is why it only boots with the USB stick..where you DID install Chameleon and got the installer to run, right?

To Fix the PCI configuration begin, type on chameleon npci=0x2000 When you boot into OS X install Chameleon and in the org.chameleon.boot.plist insert these lines:

Hope this helps! :)

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000</string>