Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Issues installing iDeneb 1.3 on HP Mini 1000

2 posts in this topic

Okay so I've gone through a TON of video and forum guides to make sure I knew what I was getting into and made sure to follow them to a "T"

I have an HP Mini 1000 (1151NR)

using iDeneb v1.3 (i think its osx 10.5.5?)

I burned the .iso and ran it via USB drive yadda yadda that all worked

when I got to the part where I had to select the patches:

• Chipsets and check ICHx Fixed..
  • Fix and check FireWire Remove
  • Video/Intel. Finally, check the box for GMA950

to install when initially installing OSX, I couldnt click the "customize" button because the resolution wouldnt let me click on it.. is there a way to change the reso. so I can see the entire window??

so I managed to hit tab a couple times and enter and it began installing.. cool fully installed and rebooted.

It rebooted, but it just brings up the apple logo and sits there... is this what they are referring to as the "loop freeze" that I need to do the fix for? if not how do I get past this? I let it sit for about 45 mins and it just sat on the apple logo.. Would it have to do with the fact I DIDNT select those patches??

I cant find any issues from this.. so yeah.. fix reso, get passed apple logo..

Update: I decided to erase the HDD and re-install.. this time I managed to hit the right combination of tab+space to get to the patches.. I checked all the right ones and then installed

It still was doing the same thing. so I figured I'd try the loop fix... I hit enter after the countdown, and typed -s some stuff scrolled by and then it stopped but it wont let me type anything more. it stopped at

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

and it just stopped... so now what?!