Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

A few questions about dual boot

2 posts in this topic

Here is what I am currently trying to achieve:

On my hackintosh laptop, I would like to be able to dual boot between OSX and Windows 2000 (XP if I must).

I have already installed OSX and it is taking up my full partition.

I was hoping to simply use BootCamp to resize my partitions and then install Win2K. Correct me if I am wrong, but hackintoshes are unable to use BootCamp. When I attempted to I was told I need to update my firmware.

Since I can not use bootcamp, I was planning to use the Knoppix live CD to resize my OSX partition and create a new 10 Gb partition for installation of Windows.

I would then use Acronis Boot Manager to choose which I want at startup.

Is this the easiest way to go about things or is there something easier that I have yet to find?

you could just install windows on another partition and use that live cd to make your osx drive active as it already has a useable darwin bootloader[well i didi that and it works fine]