Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Need help from a rEFIt expert

2 posts in this topic

I used Disk Utility to partition it into Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Swap volumes as well as resize the original single OS X volume. I then booted a Windows installer then the Linux installer then created an OS X Sandboc system using SuperDuper on the OS X partition.

I then installed rEFIt. So far all is working as expected except that once Windows or Linux is chosen to boot I get the Grub boot loader menu. There's no direct boot into the chosen OS.

I cannot determine what needs be done to prevent the Grub boot loader from running. I was under the assumption that it would be handled exclusively by rEFIt.

Please help me.

I'm not rEFIt expert, but as far as i know rEFIt IS NOT a bootloader. It just let you choose WHICH bootloader to use (so for mac os it launchs bootcamp, for win the windows loader, for linux grub/burg/anything else you installed). For that same reason if you have grub configured to boot windows you can get into grub and boot win from there (quite useless though :()