Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

asrock a330gc works with little problems

1 post in this topic

so.. first: with the bootmaker, ive found the first way to get osx to run on my a330gc-mainboard... ok, no netbook, but nearly.

i tried a 10.6.0 and a 10.6.3-dvd, both worked. the update from 10.6.3 per combo-update shot the system... ok, no real problem.

at the end of the installation, it says, that the dsdt.aml cant be found. i tried the 0.84beta3, so renaming the old osinstall.pkg is due another struckture not possible anymore. but at this point, i can restart and with the bootloader from the prepared disk i can start osx...

so here is another problem: the netbook-installer also hangs at the dsdt.aml, the bootloader doesnt get installed and so i can only start with the external disk. but in this bootloader, win xp doesnt start anymore, so doing with 2 bootloaders/disks is one way.

can i transfer the bootloader installed by the bootmaker on a small usb-stick, so that i can start osx when the usb-stick is in and start windows, when not ?

the loader with extensions has to be exactly the same then on the disk.

what i havent really catched: do i have disadvantages due this bootloader ?

i mean, it works, so i think, a dsdt.aml is generated anywhere...