Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

What old Macs you have lying around?

130 posts in this topic

I have:

1x Macintosh SE FDHD (working) 7.1, 2x PowerBook 180 (one of which is working) 7.1, ???, 1x Quadra 800, upgraded to PPC (Working) 8.0, 1x PowerBook 5300ce (working) 8.5, Power Mac 9600 (working, still in use), 9.2.2, soon to run OS X as well.

Just picked up a PowerMac G4 400mhz ATI 128RagePro, Gigabit Graphite 384meg, pro keyboard, pro mouse, 19inch sony monitor for $90 au

replaced SH***Y IBM DeckStar 40g with WD80 and WD30 and upgraded memory to 704meg running 10.4.11.

Not to bad.

Now to update firmware IF I can figure out how to install OS9, Probably should have installed that first I suppose.

Just installed 9.1 and updated Firmware.

I have a Performa 638CD (a variant of the Quadra 630) with a '040 CPU and Mac OS 8.1, as well as a tray-loading iMac G3 and a slot loading 450 MHz iMac G3, both with OS 9.2.2 and 10.4.11 (yes, the tray loader too.)

Actually, I still use OS 9 quite frequently for programs like Photoshop. I often use it in SheepShaver on my MacBook, though.