Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
tempest 2084

Snow Leopard Installation on a EVGA X58 SLI?

1 post in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm incredibly new to installing OS X on a PC, so I need some help. I also apologize if this is in the wrong forum (being a moderator on other boards, I know how much that annoys people).

I guess my first question before I even start is: Can I Install Snow Leopard On This PC?

Processor: Intel Core i7

Memory: 6GB (Corsair)

Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI motherboard

Video Card: EVGA Geforce 260

Sound: Integrated into motherboard

Storage: 2 500GB hard drives

I originally wanted to buy a Mac, but I found them too pricy, so I built this PC myself. It works just fine, but I find myself still really wanting to use OS X, so I'd really like to try making a dual boot OS X/XP machine (eventually making it a Windows 7/OS X dual boot). I also have a Powerbook G4 running Leopard, but since it's PPC it can't run Snow Leopard. ;)

Can someone tell me:

1. If it's even possible to install Snow Leopard on this PC?

2. Where should I start? I know about the Wiki, but I'm still a bit overwhelmed (I also see no 10.6 guides, but then again it's still new)

3. Any issues/problems with using a 'Hackintosh' that I should know of before I begin? My friends have told me to avoid downloading OS updates, but that's about it.