Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[GUIDE] Chameleon 2 RAID - More complete tutorial

53 posts in this topic

anyone still using this technique with lion?

way back I replaced the Leopard with CCC with a SL and it did un absolutely smothely without any further work.

now I replaced it with lion. It does not work anymore.

I started fresh (with clean boot osx partitions) with the newest version of chameleon, I put the Raid volume UUID in there as I am supposed to but it does not work as it should. when I boot from one of the raid volumes I get into chameleon. when I then coose one of the helper partitions it won't boot, says it can't ind mach_kernel. odd enough it does boot when I select another non raid volume. It then boots the raid.

If I put a mach_kernel into the boot helper partitions it directly fails an tells me it can't load the kexts. Others seemed to have a similiar problem, how did you guys fix it?

I can use the raid just fine but I can only boot it with the help of another installation, I don't want that

got it. you HAVE to use a chameleon trunk newer then 1200, it is covered here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=264797&hl=

I'm trying to follow the guide, but I can't because I don't have any helper partitions. On my two WD 500GB sata iii drives, I first partitioned a 64 and a remainder partition. THen I set the 64 part of each to striping, and the remainder of each to striping. I'm trying to boot to the 64gb section. Any idea why I wouldn't get the helper partition? And more importantly, is there a work around?

I'm on 10.7.2