Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Problem w/ running games on Parallels

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am a noob on mac. I just recently got an Imac 24" 3.06ghz Intel core 2 duo, 2gb ram w/ a Geforce 8800gs. Im getting the hang of if. The only problem I am having is when I run games on parallels its tellin me my drivers for my vid card is out of date, when I try dling the new drivers on parallel its not letting me install it, and when I play Lineage 2 when it starts to load it tells me i need to turn on AGP.. I just want to know what to do to make it work, or if I should dl a different program ect.

You can't play games using parallels, at least not the high-end games like COD4, DMC4 etc...You simply don't have enough RAM, CPU power or GPU power/ram...Use bootcamp instead..This way can have a dualboot...so when you want to play a game, just restart your iMac, and select Vista (or XP) to boot...And play the games with full hardware performance, when you're done, just restart again and select Leopard to boot;)