Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

iPhone application lifecycle

1 post in this topic

Hello, I am trying to build an application on iphone.

Every time it starts, it initializes the random number generator (something very common).

So I thought I would use the "main" routine or "applicationDidFinishLaunching" or "viewDidLoad" to pu the famous srand (time(NULL)); function.

Unfortunately, this didn't seem to work. Although every time I start the emulator, I did get a different random seed, as long as I don't quit the emulator, the emulator seed does not change.

To debug this issue, I put a printf in all these methods/functions so that I would see how often this code is executed.

And (not to much of a) surprise, only once this code is executed. If I exit the application and enter again, this code is not executed.

Even dealloc is not executed.

Any help on the application/memory lifecycle of an iphone application?