Jump to content
crazybirdy

Mojave MBR HFS Firmware Check Patch 10.14.x

By crazybirdy ( Find their other files )

1 Screenshot

About This File

Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR HFS+ partition.

 

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.14 HFS Firmware check by crazybirdy.

 

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "
An error occurred while verifying firmware".
3. Patch to stop auto-convert to APFS , "
ConvertToAPFS=false" is no longer worked with 10.14.
4. This patched MBR OSInstaller will never convert to APFS, and will always install as HFS+ partition.
5. This patched MBR OSInstaller method
works with both MBR HFS+ and GPT HFS+ partition (GPT+recovery).

No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

 

What's the difference between createinstallmedia method, MBR-Manual-Method, and MBR-Automatic-Method?
As the following....
1. createinstallmedia method,

    needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, which is worked with GUID partition only, always convert to APFS format.
2. MBR-Manual-Method (same as 10.12),

    install via stage 2 manually, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS, will never convert the partition format.

    We can manually format as MBR or GPT, HFS+ or APFS on installation screen like as 10.12.

    We can manually select MBR HFS+ partition to install 10.13 and 10.14 on installation screen now.

    Needn't to update the MBR-Manual-Method files, it will still work on 10.13, and 10.14 future versions, I think so.

    It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition only, but can't be installed as update from previous version.

3. MBR-Automatic-Method (new for 10.13+),

    install via stage 2 automatically, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS, will never convert the partition format.

    It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition, and can be installed as update from previous version.


How to make 10.14 installer for MBR (MBR-Manual-Method)?

Just use EasyMBR-InstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.

Read HowTo inside the dmg first, same as 10.12.

Read HowTo Q/A Q5. How to patch to work with CPU SSE4.1 only for Mojave?
Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to update 10.14.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

 

How to make 10.14 installer for MBR (MBR-Automatic-Method)?

Just use 14MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.

Read HowTo inside the dmg first, same as 10.13.

Read HowTo Q/A Q5. How to patch to work with CPU SSE4.1 only for Mojave?
Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to update 10.14.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

 

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.

 

EasyMBR-Installer1013.gif.cb360f3033945b1b3cd19711482e36c0.gif

14MBRinstallerMaker.thumb.gif.504e7741aa883bf4158f0526988776b5.gif

 

Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
A6. Some people download installer app from App Store, and get only 18 MB size, not the complete installer app (5.68 GB). You should boot to 10.12, or 10.13 to download it again from App Store, or use script Q6-DownloadFullApp/installScript_1014fullapp to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com.

 

installScript_fullapp.thumb.gif.963b53da652e145e4ef5a4d461859f0a.gif

 


What's New in Version 10.14.x

Released

2020.07.13    Update Old-macOS-10+11+12/installScript_1012fullapp.

2020.05.30    Update Readme.

2020.02.25    Update Q7-Update-installScript.

2020.01.30    Update Q7-Update-installScript.

2019.12.06    Update Q6-DownloadFullApp

2019.11.02    Add Old-macOS-10+11+12/installScript_1012fullapp.

2019.11.01    Update Q7-Update-installScript.

2019.10.10    Update Q7-Update-installScript, Q8-MBR-Update1014

2019.09.28    Update to 10.14.6.18G103 (MBR-Auto-Method14)

2019.09.11    Update Q6-DownloadFullApp.

2019.08.26    Update to 10.14.6.18G95 (MBR-Auto-Method14)

2019.08.02    Update to 10.14.6.18G87 (MBR-Auto-Method14)

2019.07.23    Update to 10.14.6.18G84 (MBR-Auto-Method14)

2019.06.20    MBR HFS+ is back for 10.15 now via MBR-Manual-Method.

2019.06.04    End of MBR and HFS+, there is no more MBR HFS+ patch available for 10.15 OSInstaller.

2019.05.14    Update to 10.14.5. (MBR-Auto-Method14)

2019.03.26    Add support to 10.14.4 BaseSystem.dmg. (MBR-EasyInstallerMaker)

2019.02.13    Update script to make update-installer-dmg on Desktop. (Q7-Update-installScript/installScript_101X)




User Feedback

Recommended Comments



Just now, crazybirdy said:

14MBRinstallerMaker didn't verify md5.

You get error cause of it's hackintosh.

Haha. 14MBRinstallerMaker completed properly though. So... Oh, by the way, I had used that "install mojave on unsupported mac" tool to download the full mojave installer, so maybe that was some reason? 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IAMTHEONLYGOD said:

Haha. 14MBRinstallerMaker completed properly though. So... Oh, by the way, I had used that "install mojave on unsupported mac" tool to download the full mojave installer, so maybe that was some reason? 

I don't know.

md5 is included in the dmg file.

Try Q6-DownloadFullApp/installScript_1014fullapp.

 

I told you to check mount status.

Edited by crazybirdy

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

So basically disk utility window would open in the installer, but it only did the beachball...terminal wouldn't respond to key presses from a USB keyboard... I have been doing hackintosh installs since...capitan or so. This is the first time the installer behaved that way. Always sees disks. Anyway, maybe I should do it manually instead of using 14MBRinstallerMaker, because then I can see what is going on. Know how to make the disks mount and USB to show? Typing this from the same comp in a fully functional Sierra install now. 

 

Edited by IAMTHEONLYGOD

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IAMTHEONLYGOD said:

So basically disk utility window would open in the installer, but it only did the beachball...terminal wouldn't respond to key presses from a USB keyboard... I have been doing hackintosh installs since...capitan or so. This is the first time the installer behaved that way. Always sees disks. Anyway, maybe I should do it manually instead of using 14MBRinstallerMaker, because then I can see what is going on. Know how to make the disks mount and USB to show? Typing this from the same comp in a fully functional Sierra install now. 

 

By the way, is "crazybirdy" from mainland china? Only ask because residing in mainland china and NONE of the mainland chinese technology functions properly and reliably, so hopefully "crazybirdy" is from taiwan, otherwise it's best to avoid using this tool if it's from mainland china, because statistically it almost DEFINITELY wouldn't function properly and reliably. Seriously...in the hotel in china the wired internet doesn't work and the wifi drops packets on pings to baidu...and the air conditioner thermostat doesn't seem to function properly either...ALMOST every mainland chinese electronics product I bought in china already stopped functioning also....simply FACTS. Some of My chinese friends have laughed about how dysfunctional most chinese technology is. 

I'm from Taiwan, not China.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there any major reason to avoid converting the OS X partition to APFS now? (Dual boot SSD with win10 and OS X using a GUID partition table) Have there been reports of file system corruption on hackintosh computers running mojave with APFS? 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IAMTHEONLYGOD said:

Is there any major reason to avoid converting the OS X partition to APFS now? (Dual boot SSD with win10 and OS X using a GUID partition table) Have there been reports of file system corruption on hackintosh computers running mojave with APFS? 

 

No,

It just some people still like to use MBR, and MBR can use only HFS+.

But MBR and HFS+ is no more patch available for Catalina 10.15.

Edited by crazybirdy

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HurricaneX said:

10.15 can be hacked on APFS + MBR?

End of MBR and HFS+, there is no more MBR HFS+ patch available for 10.15.

APFS only works with GPT.

 

I can't find any way to patch it with two partitions on 10.15.

The dirs structure is much different with 10.14.

 

Maybe, if someone can patch it someday, or not.

photo_2019-06-04 21.23.53.jpeg

Edited by crazybirdy

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does this refer to the standard method of manually using terminal to make install media with createinstallmedia command built into the OS? (or is there some other method not found in the readMe file) And what is "stage 1, stage 2"?

1. createinstallmedia method,

    needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, which is worked with GUID partition only, always convert to APFS format." 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IAMTHEONLYGOD said:

Does this refer to the standard method of manually using terminal to make install media with createinstallmedia command built into the OS? (or is there some other method not found in the readMe file) And what is "stage 1, stage 2"?

1. createinstallmedia method,

    needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, which is worked with GUID partition only, always convert to APFS format." 

 

I don't write how to for createinstallmedia.

It's everywhere with google.

 

 

Edited by crazybirdy

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DevilCry said:

Jezzz, how about tutorial video ? Since HS it broke manual restore method and i hate it.

Just use MBR-EasyInstallerMaker to make installer for Fresh installation on formated blank partition only.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 6:22 PM, crazybirdy said:

Just use MBR-EasyInstallerMaker to make installer for Fresh installation on formated blank partition only.

 

Ah, i just realize if using MBR-EasyInstallerMaker is easy. Okay, i use Manual Mode, do i need to copy OSInstaller again or not ?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevilCry said:

 

Ah, i just realize if using MBR-EasyInstallerMaker is easy. Okay, i use Manual Mode, do i need to copy OSInstaller again or not ?

No, it's done.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 4:34 AM, crazybirdy said:

No, it's done.

 

Okay. So, i tried few times to create Mojave installer with BaseSystem restore on Disk Utility. But why it show me error like this :

 

64477794_1115427245317010_83787512304443

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DevilCry said:

Okay. So, i tried few times to create Mojave installer with BaseSystem restore on Disk Utility. But why it show me error like this :

 

Check md5 for your Full installer app first.

You need to follow HowTo, or just use script to make installer.

Did you follow all the steps from HowTo?

Which method or script did you use?

 

Use mouse to find the top side tool bar on the screen of error, Windows -> Log -> Show All Logs, upload the install log to forum to look at solution.

 

Edited by crazybirdy

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

hi is there not an automated method to make  10.14.6 18G95 installer for hfs???

I tried a few times but when I try to install Mojave it tells me it can't because partition is not in apfs????

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, robi62 said:

hi is there not an automated method to make  10.14.6 18G95 installer for hfs???

I tried a few times but when I try to install Mojave it tells me it can't because partition is not in apfs????

It works fine here.

How did you make the HFS installer?

What's the errors you get it?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi I used easy mar installer 1013 which works for both high sierra and Mojave I had no error whatsoever but when I want to install Mojave he does not let me because disk is not formatted in apfs......

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, robi62 said:

Hi I used easy mar installer 1013 which works for both high sierra and Mojave I had no error whatsoever but when I want to install Mojave he does not let me because disk is not formatted in apfs......

 

If you use EasyMBR-Installer1013 to make installer successfully, it will work fine with installer like as 10146EasyMBR18G103.

No need to format as APFS, it work with MBR HFS+ without issue here.

 

You may need to try it again, and make sure EasyMBR-Installer1013 works fine without error.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

×