InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.

High Sierra MBR and Firmware Check Patch 10.13.4

1 Screenshot

About This File

Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.13.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.13 Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?

1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.

2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".

3. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR and GPT partition (GPT+recovery).

No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

If you want to install to GPT, but still get the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".

All you need to do is, boot the Disk1mbrInstaller, and it will automatically load to install the "GPT-partition/macOS Install Data" which you installed with "Install macOS High Sierra.app" of createinstallmedia installer method at first stage.

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR?

Read HowTo-10.13.x.txt inside the zip file first, different with 10.12.

Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?

Read HowTo Q/A Q8. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR without downloading the full installer app again?

Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

And, need a /Extra/SMBIOS.plist supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.

Set a SMBIOS with Chameleon Wizard.

Work fine with Clover r4084+.

Work fine with Enoch r2885+.

and /Extra/kernel.plist with

<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>

<string>Yes</string>

10.13.4.17E199

10.13.3.17D47

10.13.2.17C88

10.13.1.17B48

10.13.0.17A405

If you want to patch MBR by yourself, just read the HowToPatch-10.13.txt inside the zip file.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

"It's more difficult to install 10.13 to MBR now." so does this work for latest or no?

Actually, it is the point :P windows 10 runs fast and smooth, MacOS is lagging figuratively and in reality :P

Share this comment

Works fine. The problem is you don't have a macOS, and you're a new user, and you choice the hard way to install 10.13.

macOS vs Windows is not the argue point, the point is you're new to macOS without experience.

Here is hack mac, always difficult to install. If you buy a mac NB, you will know what's the most easy way to install macOS.

Share this comment

Been running Lion right through HS on my 10 year old i5 PC without any issues, its fast and stable.

Windows 10 runs as well, but the desktop is so ugly I only use it if I need some software that isn't mac friendly

.... if Microsoft stripped all the {censored} out of Win 10 they

might have something, but I'll stick with MacOS...its perfect...runs fine on my macbook and 

on my PC....and yes maybe you have to do a bit of head scratching to get there, but if you don't then buy a real macbook...... 

Share this comment

I use script 13MBRinstallerMaker and patch OSInstaller with MBR patch code 10.13.2 but in disk choice screen show the partition is not GUID table !

Share this comment

Do  you boot to Disk1mbrInstaller?

Read HowTo, if you boot to Disk1mbrInstaller, you will never see disk choice screen.

C4. Done for modify the UUID, Target, and TargetName,

and you can start to boot /Volumes/Disk1mbrInstaller to install to /Volumes/Disk2InstallData now.

script 13MBRinstallerMaker change name Disk1mbrInstaller to MBR, I boot MBR to install to Disk2InstallData 

ps. script 13MBRinstallerMaker dont auto modify the UUID ?

Share this comment

13MBRinstallerMaker change name Disk1mbrInstaller to 1013xMBR17Xxxx, not only MBR, and will do auto modify the UUID. 

Boot to 1013xMBR17Xxxx will never see the disk choice screen, will auto install the Disk2InstallData. 

You should not see the disk choice screen. your 13MBRinstallerMaker may not work right?

I use 13MBRinstallerMaker no auto install and see the disk choice screen

Share this comment

You should not see the disk choice screen. your 13MBRinstallerMaker may not work right?

or follow Step A. to check your 1013xMBR17Xxxx boot partition.

report from scrip :

完成恢复 BaseSystem.dmg

Restore BaseSystem.dmg is finished.

/Volumes/InstallESD/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg -> /Volumes/OS X Base System//System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

cp: /Volumes/OS X Base System//System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/OSInstaller.framework/Versions/A/OSInstaller: No such file or directory

Disk /Volumes/InstallESD ejected

Volume OS X Base System on disk3s2 unmounted

Volume OS X Base System on /dev/disk3s2 mounted

Share this comment

Some error with /Volumes/, upload new zip now.

You can download again, and run the new 13MBRinstallerMaker again, it should work fine with your system now.

Share this comment

Some error with /Volumes/, upload new zip now.

You can download again, and run the new 13MBRinstallerMaker again, it should work fine with your system now.

thank you ! new scrip is work !! 

Share this comment

Is a patch needed for the latest security update (January 8 2018)??

I didn't see a new full installer app for 10.13.2.17C205.

Q9-Update-installScript/installScript_1013

You can use Q9 (new zip file) to install update for 2018-01-08 18:00:11 .. 091-58876 .. 10.13.2.17C205 Update.

Share this comment

I have two hard drives with HS on them. I ran script Q9 and updated one drive with HS to 10.13.3 with no problem. Now the other drive has HS 10.13.2. But when I run script Q9 again from either drive I only get these update options.

Available version to update:

[ 0 ] 2018-01-24 18:00:42 .. 091-63423 .. 10.13.4.17E139j Update Beta
[ 1 ] 2017-12-13 18:02:17 .. 091-52056 .. 10.13.2.17C88 Combo Update
[ 2 ] 2018-01-24 18:00:42 .. 091-63425 .. 10.13.4.17E139j Combo Update Beta

So I'm trying to update the second drive with HS from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 using the Q9 script again. Any ideas?

Thanks for the wonderful scripts in advance.

Share this comment

I have two hard drives with HS on them. I ran script Q9 and updated one drive with HS to 10.13.3 with no problem. Now the other drive has HS 10.13.2. But when I run script Q9 again from either drive I only get these update options.

Available version to update:

[ 0 ] 2018-01-24 18:00:42 .. 091-63423 .. 10.13.4.17E139j Update Beta

[ 1 ] 2017-12-13 18:02:17 .. 091-52056 .. 10.13.2.17C88 Combo Update

[ 2 ] 2018-01-24 18:00:42 .. 091-63425 .. 10.13.4.17E139j Combo Update Beta

So I'm trying to update the second drive with HS from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 using the Q9 script again. Any ideas?

Thanks for the wonderful scripts in advance.

Update new zip, fix it now. Download and try it again.

Share this comment

Updated fine using the Q9... but have issue with browser not loading New York Times website unless Java Script turned OFF.... only with version 11.1...version 11.2 experimental version works perfectly.... happens with both Combo update and 11.3 - 11.4 update...really strange....certain sites don't load... wonder if there is a new setting hidden somewhere... this does not happen on my real MacBook either....anyone else?

Share this comment

CB, so many versions for 13.4... what did you change in latest? 

Still having weird problem loading https: sites  like the new york times with Java turned on ... loads fine with J off.. and Safari 11.2 loads fine , just some weird issue with 11.1 in 13. 4.... not sure if it is webkit error or what but loading hangs about half way...even on clean install, but no problem on real MacBook...only hack...crazy....

Share this comment

18 hours ago, Dans1975 said:

CB, so many versions for 13.4... what did you change in latest? 

Still having weird problem loading https: sites  like the new york times with Java turned on ... loads fine with J off.. and Safari 11.2 loads fine , just some weird issue with 11.1 in 13. 4.... not sure if it is webkit error or what but loading hangs about half way...even on clean install, but no problem on real MacBook...only hack...crazy....

Little change, not important!

I don't know what's your problem, but Q8 may could solve your problem, I think.

Q8 is the better option to Q9.

Edited by crazybirdy

Share this comment