About This File

This is a simple Applescript app that will back up the AppleGraphicsControl.kex to your desktop in a folder called KextBackUp. It will then patch the /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change "Config1" to "none" for the MacPro6,1 board ID. This ensures that your GPU will not be effected by the MacPro6,1's AMD FirePro device policy that causes your GPU not to send a signal to your monitor at boot. This app is only useful if you are using the MacPro6,1 system definition.

Credit to PikeRAlpha:

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/os-x-mavericks-10-9-3-build-13d55-seeded/

What's New in Version 1.3   See changelog

Released

• Added support for iMac15/17 (config2), SIP check and caches rebuild.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

thanks! forgot to run this on rampagedev's guide, which fixed my gtx 480!

Open your RampageDev SSDT or DSDT in MaciASL. Search for GFX0. Replace GFX0 with GFX1. Then you won't even need this app any more.

• Like 1

Open your RampageDev SSDT or DSDT in MaciASL. Search for GFX0. Replace GFX0 with GFX1. Then you won't even need this app any more.

Thanks! can confirm this does work with gtx 480 on ga-x79s-up5-wifi and i7-3930k

That's what i did and it did work at the first reboot but since my GTX970 is no more recognized ...only one of my 2 monitor is working and under a glitchy resolution

any idea ?

Can't turn off sip to run this command. Requires recovery mode to do this and there is no way shown on internet to turn this {censored} sip mode off!

Set the proper options in clover's config.

works fine on sierra..but i find a method to enable my gtx960 with no needs to patch agdp.

works fine on sierra..but i find a method to enable my gtx960 with no needs to patch agdp.

I've been following that thread. I plan on experimenting with the method and writing a new version of this app that will write the appropriate values into the plist for fakesmc when I can find time.

Hello, I have installed Sierra 12.12.1 and smbios Macbook 9.1 Skylake, I have applied your patch but it does not solve the black screen problem.

I've been following that thread. I plan on experimenting with the method and writing a new version of this app that will write the appropriate values into the plist for fakesmc when I can find time.

great...

will this work for mac-Mini (Mid) 2011 - AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB ??

all a sudden getting error from cuda saying "No GPU Detected"

thank you very much for this post... im still running Mav due to 3rd party hardware compatibility issues that will never be fixed. i recently had to change my monitor's setup and they stopped working afterward. This patch did the trick. Thanks!!!!