AppleHDA for ALC282 269.25/272.18

1 Screenshot

About This File

This is patched AppleHDA for Realtek ALC282 chipset (Vendor ID : 0x10ec0282).

AppleHDA version :

269.25 (10.10.2 Yosemite)

272.18 (10.10.3 Yosemite)

Fully working. :). Enjoy!

Audio Output:

• Speakers (EAPD) : Working
  • Headphones : Working (With autoswitch when headphones inserted)

Audio Input:

• ​Internal Mic : Working (with ambient noise reduction)
  • External Mic : Working (with autoswitch)

There are two methods to install (Choose any one):

1. Patched AppleHDA :

The only downside with this method is, you'll probably lose audio if you update from 10.10.3 to future updates because of new AppleHDA.kext with the update.

To fix either re-patch AppleHDA using simplified info i posted from

here or rollback to the attached patched kext.

Nothing to worry about though I'll provide support as long as i can.

Installation Instructions:

1. Remove VoodooHDA.kext if installed. (S/L/E or Clover/Kexts/ or Extra/Kexts)
  2. Install AppleHDA.kext & EAPDFix.kext using your favourite kext utility in System/Library/Extensions
  3. Repair Permissions & Rebuild Cache
  4. Go to Clover Configurator -> Devices -> Audio (Inject) and set it to 3
  5. Reboot.

2. Using DummyHDA.kext and Kext patch using Clover:

The good thing about this method is you probably won't lose audio even after you update

from 10.10.3 to future updates

Installation Instructions:

1. Remove VoodooHDA.kext if installed. (S/L/E or Clover/Kexts/ or Extra/Kexts)
  2. Make sure you have untouched vanilla AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E
  3. Install DummyHDA.kext & EAPDFix.kext using your favourite kext utility in System/Library/Extensions
  4. Repair Permissions & Rebuild Cache
  5. Go to Clover Configurator -> Devices -> Audio (Inject) and set it to 3
  6. Edit your Clover's config.plist and add the following patch to KernelAndKextPatches > KextsToPatch section

<dict>				<key>Comment</key>				<string>AppleHDA - ALC282 (1 of 3)</string>				<key>Find</key>				<data>				hBnUEQ==				</data>				<key>Name</key>				<string>AppleHDA</string>				<key>Replace</key>				<data>				ggLsEA==				</data>			</dict>			<dict>				<key>Comment</key>				<string>AppleHDA - ALC282 (2 of 3)</string>				<key>Find</key>				<data>				hAjsEA==				</data>				<key>Name</key>				<string>AppleHDA</string>				<key>Replace</key>				<data>				AAAAAA==				</data>			</dict>			<dict>				<key>Comment</key>				<string>AppleHDA - ALC282 (3 of 3)</string>				<key>Find</key>				<data>				hQjsEA==				</data>				<key>Name</key>				<string>AppleHDA</string>				<key>Replace</key>				<data>				AAAAAA==				</data>			</dict>

Reboot. (You may have to reboot twice)

Why EAPDFix.kext?

EAPDFix.kext -> This is to fix no audio output after sleep.

You can also use (if you prefer) CodecCommander. Search for it.

For more info refer here.

Credits:

Mirone for his awesome guide

bcc9 for his bin patch script.

What's New in Version 269.25/272.18

Released

• v1: Initial Release
  • v2: Changed to Update-Safe method.
  • v3: Updated AppleHDA.kext for 10.10.3 (14D131)
  • v4: Guide updated with link to a post containing useful info in case anybody wants to patch himself/herself.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sound is working beautifully now. I am a hobbyist  in audio production, and to my ears it is a huge difference. You just saved me from the expense and inconvenience of a USB adapter for better sound - as well as helped me gain a better understanding of clover and kexts in general. 

10x Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi, does this work for 10.10.5? I tried both methods and rebooted multiple times, but sound is still not working. I'm using acer aspire r7-572g. Thanks.

Good job intruder16,

This driver works properly on a HP 15-D002SS laptop with the ALC282 card. Your work has helped me to correctly patch the binary file AppleHDA. The program "AppleHDA patcher" does not patch correctly this file in MacOS 10.10.x. I leave a variation of the PinConfig for the cards that only have a output connector for earphones.

01271C20 01271D00 01271EA0 01271F90 
01471C10 01471D00 01471E17 01471F90 
01871CF0 01871D00 01871E00 01871F40 
01E71CF0 01E71D00 01E71E00 01E71F40 
02171C30 02171D10 02171E21 02171F00 01470C02 

SPDIF Out and Line In connectors are disabled with this setting. These are not needed when you have a single output connector on the soundcard.

Best regards

what about 10.11?

You can use Minore's "AppleHDA Patcher" program to patch the Kext AppleHDA. It works properly in MacOS 10.11 and 10.12 for most ALC282 cards. It's the fastest and easiest way to do it.