FakeSMC w/ Haswell CPU Sensor for 10.8/9

1 Screenshot

About This File

Fixes CPU temperature and multiplier readings in HWMonitor and iStat on model 0x3C (LGA1150 Desktop Form) Haswell CPUs, including i7-4770K and i5-4670K.

The larger of the two downloads was compiled on 10.8.4 with the 10.8 sdk. I have not tested this build.

The second and smaller file was compiled on 10.9 with the 10.9 sdk and has been confirmed to work in Mavericks with i7-4770K and i5-4670K.

Kozlek has since merged this patch with his master branch, you can download and compile it yourself at https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Wait for hwmonitor to prompt you to update, or wait for binaries to be available at https://bitbucket.org/kozlek/hwsensors/downloads

diff --git a/CPUSensors/CPUSensors.cpp b/CPUSensors/CPUSensors.cpp                                                                                                                                        index 3af1039..54b9d60 100755                                                                                                                                                                             --- a/CPUSensors/CPUSensors.cpp                                                                                                                                                                           +++ b/CPUSensors/CPUSensors.cpp                                                                                                                                                                           @@ -363,6 +363,7 @@ bool CPUSensors::start(IOService *provider)                         readTjmaxFromMSR();                                                                                                                                                                                       break;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     +                    case CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_DT:                                                                                                                                                                              case CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_MB:                                                                                                                                                                              case CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_ULT:                                                                                                                                                                             case CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_ULX:                                                                                                                                                        diff --git a/Shared/cpuid.h b/Shared/cpuid.h                                                                                                                                                              index 4bcba2f..9c17cb1 100755                                                                                                                                                                             --- a/Shared/cpuid.h                                                                                                                                                                                      +++ b/Shared/cpuid.h                                                                                                                                                                                      @@ -151,6 +151,7 @@ #define CPUID_MODEL_NEHALEM_EX         0x2E                                                                                                                                                               #define CPUID_MODEL_WESTMERE_EX                0x2F                                                                                                                                                       #define CPUID_MODEL_IVYBRIDGE       0x3A                                                                                                                                                                 +#define CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_DT      0x3C                                                                                                                                                                  #define CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_MB      0x3F    /* Haswell MB */                                                                                                                                              //#define CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_H        0x??    // Haswell H                                                                                                                                               #define CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_ULT     0x45    /* Haswell ULT */                                                                                                                                            @@ -457,6 +458,7 @@ static void cpuid_update_generic_info()                     cpufamily = CPUFAMILY_INTEL_IVYBRIDGE;                                                                                                                                                                    break;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         +                case CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_DT:                                                                                                                                                                              case CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_MB:                                                                                                                                                                              case CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_ULT:                                                                                                                                                                             case CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_ULX:                                                                                                                                                            

What's New in Version 07/11/2013 12:45 AM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for the feedback. FakeSMC still has some work to do to completely support Haswell according to all the to-do comments throughout the code. I'll take at look at the cpuid stuff and see if anything has changed for haswell... not only is your temperature borked, it thinks you have 10 cores. You're using a 4670K right? Are you on 10.9 DP3? 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. FakeSMC still has some work to do to completely support Haswell according to all the to-do comments throughout the code. I'll take at look at the cpuid stuff and see if anything has changed for haswell... not only is your temperature borked, it thinks you have 10 cores. You're using a 4670K right? Are you on 10.9 DP3? 

Screen+Shot+2013-07-11+at+4.19.47+AM.png
Yes, I use 10.9 DP3.
It? Now it is almost a well.
I solve the.
1.CPU CORE is the fact that the status change with the cpu.
Thank you very much.
monthly_07_2013-73ba16fd29f18d2a29b5b3dc
I was in the red band.
Thank you.
Edit I have tried with 10.8.5F17.
The result is that the machine does not boot.
Please help me do version10.8.5 F17 .
Thank you so good.

I uploaded a new file. The first one in the list (the larger of the two) was compiled for 10.8 and does not work on 10.9. I don't have 10.8 installed on my hackintosh so I have not tested it.

• Like 1

I uploaded a new file. The first one in the list (the larger of the two) was compiled for 10.8 and does not work on 10.9. I don't have 10.8 installed on my hackintosh so I have not tested it.

I try with your new version. 5.2.808 +8.1.685.
It does not apply to 10.8.5F17.
It did not find harddisk stall wih root dir.
Available, but version 5.2.678.
The version available is 10.9 DP3 +5.2.808 +8.1.685.
edit
Now your work is relatively large.
Thanks for everything.

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Screen+Shot+2556-07-13+at+2.45.39+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2556-07-13+at+2.56.32+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2556-07-13+at+3.35.40+PM.png

hi gpu does not work, I will ask you to help make that.

HD 4600 + HD5770, it does not display it.
Thank you.

I does not work on my 10.8.4 i used the version for Mavericks the other FakeSMC does not even let me boot.

But the senors does not work...

On Mavericks i don't get it boot with this file.

My system MSI H87-G41 PC Mate, i7-4770, gtx650