ho520726

Members
  • Last visited

1 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

823 profile views
  1. Hello, can you provide what settings you are using in BiOS, thanks.
  2. I was successfully install Mac 10.12. But once I got kernel panic, I don't what happened and I tried to reinstall and found that I can't patch RQ_and_HDEF file anymore, also I can't use AppleALC Kext. And Now I upgrade from Mac 10.12 to Mac 10.13, he same problem remains. Anyone know what is going on there? Is my motherboard broken? The one showed the message with "busy timout[0], (60s): 'IOFireWireLocalNode', happened after I patched RQ_and_HDEF and used AppleALC Kext. The other one, showed the message with "busy timeout[0], (60s): 'IOHDACodecFunction', I used AppleALC Kext without patching RQ_and_HDEF.
  3. Yes, you are right. I also found some article about using NVMe disk. The result shows that only pro 950 work as expected with full speed and can be booted from it as well. But also one can install pro 960 as boot drive but the speed not work as expected. https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Does-someone-know-is-Samsung-Pro-960-M-2-NVMe-Compatible/td-p/6017694/page/2 https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/NVMe-PCIe-SSD-boot-support-in-Z820/td-p/6378530 The reason of lower speed of pro 960 seems caused by the driver, and pro 950 is designed to work with older system.
  4. I got this problem as well and I fixed this with "FixShutDown" variable on Acpi page of Clover Configurator. Thank you so much. But is it possible to boot from NVMe SSD on a PCIe adapter. glad to hear this news.
  5. Does anyone succeed update to high sierra and work stable as sierra. It is time to upgrade to high sierra, since the new version 10.14 will be released soon. Also, I am planning to upgrade nvme ssd(like samsung 970 evo). Since z820 motherboard does not natively support nvme ssd, I planed to install it with PCIE adapter. Anyone tried that before, I am not sure whether I can boot with nvme ssd.
  6. I got kernal panic after used for half year. And I have no idea what is going on so I re-install again but the problem remain timout kextd wait "IOfirewireLocalNode". I found that when i patch "Fixing IRQ and HDEF in DSDT" or place AppleALC.kext , I got kernel panic I don't whether my z820 motherboard is broken.
  7. @Cass67 Thank for your reply. Yap it may caused by my PSU. Since my pc is not a whole original z820, I just brought every part of my z820 separately(motherboard, psu, cpu). Also I use another PSU instead of original hp Z820 PSU and my PSU is not in a good condition. But fine, the noise problem is not a very big deal.
  8. @amadeusex Thank for your help. I fixed the shutdown problem with clover configurator "shutdown" path. Actually, I fixed pm by follow the way how bilbo listed and finally put your dsdt file and it works. Thank for sharing your file. Glad I have the same cpus as you. @wham17wham Thank for your help. It did work. Another problem, I just find out a very annoying problem, I don't know is it my motherboard is going down. When I am downloading file from Internet the lan port or motherboard make some noise(especially down as high speed like 10MB/per sec, it would be more noise). I didn't realize that problem when I installed my pc with mac 10.11 in my workplace(a more noise environment), but now I moved my pc to my home. The noise is more visible. Anyone is same????? In this problem, I also find out one problem is that the IntelMausiEthernet.kext can't support two lan port even I used the dpci manager to check it can show two network controllers. I can only use the upper lan port. The bottom one can't use. so I replace it with Appleintele1000e.kext and it works. (I also dun know is it my own problem as well, just to mention what I experienced)
  9. Thanks for bilbo. I successfully transfer from 10.11 to 10.12 with dual E5-2670 v1 and bios 3.91. But I got a problem which is I can't really shutdown my computer. It is always restart instead of shut down. Anyone know how to fix this minor problem. I just directly use the file(06 CLOVER FINAL -NO-PM) provided from billbo. Of course, I fixed PM later.
  10. I already succeed to install mac 10.11 on my Z820, thanks for Bilbo for sharing this post. But I wanna know anyone succeed to update or install mac 10.12 on Z820? Cause I want to use xcode 9 and it required mac 10.12.
  11. I followed the instruction of http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/314799-guide-z820-el-capitan-the-great-guide-sucess/ I use all his kext and config file. I still stuck in the "DSMOS has arrived". After this msg show up, my screen goes black... I think that may be my display card problem.. I have no IGP like HD4600. I don't how to do. I try to fix the problem with booting to -s single user mode to delete all the nvidia kext in the System/Library/Extensions folder, but after I enter the command /sbin/fsck -fy and /sbin/mount -uw / .. It prompt out the msg: device is write locked. I can't remove the nvidia kext. my computer spec: cpu: dual e5-2670 display: GTX 780TI (which is not same as the guide I follow) montherboard: Z820 MB X79 Sorry for my bad english.