I'm in the process of building an Ivy Bridge based hackintosh/Windows PC in a G5 case and although I've chosen the majority of the hardware, I'm having trouble choosing between two motherboards. I know that Ivy Bridge is still unsupported under OS X but as the primary purpose of this machine is for CAD (AutoCAD, Revit, 3DS Max) under Windows, this isn't an immediate problem. I would like to make things as easy as possible once support starts coming through (hopefully soon!).
The specs so far are:
- i7 3770
- 16Gb RAM
- NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (I know it's not a great gaming card, but for the main purpose of this machine its what I need)
- 120Gb Vertex 3 SSD boot drive
- 500Gb Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200RPM HDD storage drive
- Firewire card (exact card not chosen yet)
The two boards I'm looking at at the moment are the Asus P8Z77-V LX and the Gigabyte Z77-DS3H. What do you think would be best? I'm open to alternative suggestions.
nufanecMember Since 05 May 2012
Offline Last Active Jul 24 2013 08:57 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 4
- Profile Views 431
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age 29 years old
- Birthday May 16, 1984
nufanec hasn't added any friends yet.
03 Aug 2012 - 17:15