MY COMPUTER SPECs
Strike in Silence
Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 720QM 1.6 GHz, with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
Mountain Lion/ Windows 7 Glass
Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
DDR3 1066 MHz 8GB
17.3" Full HD (1920x1080)/HD+ (1600x900) Color-Shine
ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5870, 1G GDDR5 VRAM
Dual SATA 1TB 7200 rpm
DVD Super Multi
8 in 1 card reader SD,MMC,MS,xD,Smart Media,mini SD w/ adapter,MS-Duo
2.0 Mega Pixel web camera
Network - Athero AR8131 PCI-E Ethernet / AR9285 Wireless Adapter- 802.11 b/g/n
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
Audio Built-in 2.1 channel stereo speakersEAX Advanced HD 4.0
Extra Hardwares: USB Mouse, Bluetooth USB Adapter and Apple Magic Trackpad.
OS: OS X Mountain Lion, bought from Appstore on installed OS X Lion.
Tool: Kext Utility
1. Create a USB installer manually. Do not use a third-party software (For example myHack), look for Guide on the internet.
Your final step of creating an installer will be installing the boot-loader (Cameleon-2.1.svn-r2035).
2. In the "Extra" folder create a sub folder "Extensions" and copy all the usual kext files into the "Extensions" folder.
On my computer I have these in the "Extensions" folder; AppleAHCIInjector, AppleIntelPIIXATAInjector, AppleLPCInjector, fakesmc,
3. Copy your "SMBios.plist" into "Extra" folder. My SMBios is MacBook Air 13-Inch 2011.
4. Delete or move "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" from "Extra" folder or just add the extension ".bak" at the end of the file.
If you don't rename, remove or delete this file your USB installer will not boot.
5. Now you're ready to install Mountain Lion. No patch needed. Reboot your computer and start the installation.
6. After the installation reboot your computer through the USB installer, and then choose the HD you had installed M-Lion
Through the USB installer boot into Darwin, and then select the hard drive you installed the Mountain Lion on.
7. Congratulation! good job. Install the boot-loader into M-Lion hard drive, and copy everything from USB "Extra" folder to ML "Extra"
folder. Don't forget to remove or delete "org.chameleon.Boot.plist", and now might be a good time to add you "DSDT" file in.
8. On my computer I installed 4 kext to S/L/E with Kext Utility, and they are; AppleHDA.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext,
IO80211Family.kext. I copied the files from my working OS X Lion.
9. AppleHDA.kext was patched for built in sound, and no need for Voodoo, I also had to patch my DSDT to work with this.
10. If you have Apple Magic Trackpad, then you don't need to install keyboard and mouse patch, just plugin the bluetooth adapter and activate Magic Trackpad
then the OS will install the necessary files, and the mouse will become functional, then go to system preferences and add more features like "Tap To click".
Once you boot into Mountain Lion for the first time, the laptop Keyboard will be functional but the mouse will be disabled, so plugin a USB mouse before you begin. I Copied
these files (AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext) from my working Lion, and l no longer have to have Magic Trackpad plugin to enable the mouse and keyboard.
11. When you first booted into MLion the Wi Fi or Ethernet (1 of the 2 not both) may not be working, which one will depend whether you have bluetooth plugin.
This file (IO80211Family.kext) fixes the network issues. Don't forget to go to system preferences and setup the network, also plugin your Ethernet cable before you begin.
12. Once you are done installing the kext, then reboot but this time don't boot from USB, but boot from your had drive. Done
Colour problems when playing MG4 Videos downloaded from YouTube, but other mg4 from different sources plays fine, and the computer graphics looks fine too.
I thought that it might be codec problem, but I tried all kinds of codecs but no luck. The problem is only with QuickTime player. No problem withe other media players.
This is not a perfect system, as you can see one important file (org.chameleon.Boot.plis) is missing but this will buy us sometime to figure-out the problem.
I have a perfect ATI-VIDEO Rom (1002_68A0_1C021043.rom) I was using on Lion, but can't use it on Mountain Lion because no org.chameleon.Boot.plis. If anyone find ways around this problem please post. Thanks and good luck.
Do you have your dsdt file? I'm not really sure what that's all about, but since our laptops are similar yours should probably work for mine.
I'm probably going to try and tackle mountain lion again soon.