I'v read a lot of topics, HCLs, guides, etc. on ALC888 + ICH7, tried dozens of kexts, DSDT patches, but... I haven't found any solution for ALC888 + ICH 7 except VoodooHDA. Then, I decided to find a more logical and clear way to solve this problem, that's why I'm starting this topic.
What do I have:
1. I've got MSI 945 Neo5-F mobo (i945GC) http://www.msi.com/p...ml#/?div=Detail.
2. All drivers are up-to-date (intel chipset inf, nvidia, realtek hda, realtek GBE). Windows 7 x32 fully functional, all items in Device Manager recognized and set up correctly.
3. Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion fully functional almost "out-of-the-box" ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + Chameleon, no user DSDT), except sound (
What I've made:
1. I've extracted dsdt.dsl via AIDA64 under Windows 7 32-bit, files are attached (acpi_dsdt.zip).
2. There's no AZAL or HDEF section in my decompiled dsdt.dsl at all! But in windows my HDA codec works 100% fine with latest proprietary Realtek drivers (32bit_Vista_Win7_R267).
3. I checked AIDA64 and found that my HDA codec is placed on PCI-E bus (attanched AIDA64 Screen.png). But all other devices (except 8800GT, certainly) are using PCI bus.
So, right now I need some technical help to dig in into this. First of all, I'd like to find answers for these two questions:
1. Is there really any info about my HDA codec in dsdt.dsl file?
2. If not, why it isn't extracted by AIDA64?
3. What to do next?
I'm ready for any level of technical difficulties ) Advices are welcome )
StormbringerMember Since 22 Feb 2012
Offline Last Active Jun 16 2013 09:47 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 5
- Profile Views 518
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
11 Sep 2012 - 15:41