This thread provides an explanation of a way to enable the Fresno Logic USB3 ports (device FL 1009 1b73) in El Capitan. In this case, this device is on a Gigabyte H61N-USB3 motherboard. The El Capitan USB device drivers changed quite a bit and often USB3 ports not usable after upgrading a system to this new OS X version.
There are 2 key items that need to be addressed to enable USB3 on this board:
- custom DSDT to add Device XHC1
- USB port injector to define the 2 ports - which match to XHC1 device
Here is what to put in the DSDT in the PEX1 device right after this line:
Name (_ADR, 0x001C0001)
Here is an example of the core piece of Info.plist of a modified Apple USB kext or USB port injector kext:
Attached is a zip for Clover on El Capitan for the H61N-USB3. It contains 2 sets of configuration and DSDT files - one set for HD 3000 Graphics and one for HD 4000 Graphics:
- config.plist - clover config file - assumes Intel HD 3000 - with matching DSDT and audio kext
- dsdt.dsl - source version of differentiate system description tables with XHC1 device added
- dsdt.aml - compiled version of DSDT
- config.4000.plist - clover config file - assumes Intel HD 4000 - with matching DSDT and audio kext
- dsdt.4000.dsl - source version of differentiate system description tables with XHC1 device added
- dsdt.4000.aml - compiled version of DSDT
- USBXHCI_injector.kext - USB3 port injector for FL1000 - derived and based on RehabMan's u430 injector - see link below for source.
Inspiration and methodology to create this USBXHCI Injector came from thought leaders RehabMan and Pokenguyen. I looked at their posts adapted their methodology and examples to this situation.
Examples of USB Port Injectors from RehabMan can be found here:
Here is a good long thread by Pokenguyen to read more about El Capitan and USB3: