Lenovo T460 Clover Guide
Overview - Work in Progress - 23-Oct-2016
- Updated Clover to 3846
- Updated VoodooPS2Controller.kext
- Updated FakeSMC kext to next rev
Attached is a current zip file with a complete /EFI pack for the Lenovo T460 using Clover on OS X
The current File Bundle is for 10.11 - the zip file attached to the bottom of this post
- Full Clover file set - config.plist etc.
- Includes all custom kexts
- Includes custom DSDT/SSDT scripts and patches
My system is a T460 with Intel 520 Graphics. Currently, the full advanced graphics are not working due to lack of DVMT pre-allocated memory. Most systems need 64, 96 or 128 MB. This system seems to have 32 MB. I suspect the issue to be related to touch screen (as someone else has eDP high-def without issue. For my system, I must rename /S/L/E/AppleIntelSLKGraphics.kext to not be used at this time.
Credits to: RehabMan and Shmilee (more to come) from which, much is/was based on to get the T460 to this point.
Devices and aspects working:
- Ethernet - Intel I219LM is enabled via IntelMausiEthernext.kext
- WiFi/BT - substituted the Intel WiFi/BT with Dell 1560 (BCM43252Z) - using a modified BrcmPatchRAM2 kext for to slow down firmware loads for USB after system wake from sleep.
- Audio - ALC293 codec implemented via Clover and custom AppleHDA_ALC293.kext
- PS2 - ClickPad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - using a modified VoodooPS2Controller to support new layouts - and added some custom Fn key maps
- USB - implemented via custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext modified for T460. All USB3/USB2 ports (both internal and external) all intel based and work - Camera, BT etc
- Sleep/Wake - sleepwatcher package is used to help with sleep/wake for some devices.
- GFX 2D - I have to turn off IntelAccellerator for my system
Note: have not tried to implement the SD card reader.
ACPI Patches and Files:
- DSDT.dsl - patched DSDT
- ssdt.dsl - define C/P state for I5 via Pike's script
- SSDT-HACK-T460.dsl - add misc functions
- SSDT-XOSI.dsl - sets OS type
- SSDT-LPC-T460.dsl - add/fix/define LPC device
- SSDT-SMBUS-T460.dsl - add/fix/define SMBUS device
- SSDT-HDEF-T460.dsl - fix/define Audio for ALC293 codec
- SSDT-IGPU-T460.dsl - fix/define GFX for Intel HD 520 device 1916
- SSDT-PNLF-T460.dsl - add LCD/Panel
- SSDT-PS2K-T460.dsl - fix/define/add T460 keyboard
- SSDT-XHC-T460.dsl - fix/define/add internal and external USB ports
The create_patch_DSDT.bash script will create the DSDT starting from the original ACPI files located the ACPI-Tables folder. The final DSDT is patched via patchmatic using the files in patch-files folder.
Note: For my system, I must boot Clover and define graphics device as ID=0x12345678 until I am able to disable AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext
Part 1 - OS Installation
Part 2 - Post OS Installation and Setup on HD
Notes on Custom Kexts