Prior to Lion, you could perform the following to allow airtunes to work by turning off IPv6 for your network Card:
- System Preference >> Network
- Highlight your network card on the left sidebar
- Click on "Advanced" on the right side
- Click on the TCP/IP tab
- Set "Configure IPv6" to "Off"
- Click "OK" to close window
- Click "Apply"
You should edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist and change the IPv6 ConfigMethod's string to __INACTIVE__ manually for the appropriate adapter:
Save the file and restart your mac. This will turn IPV6 off and will solve the issue.
* credit to http://forums.boxee....ad.php?p=206302