ASUS P5G41T-M LX is a very accommodating motherboard for Hackintosh project especially with iAtkos L2 Installation DVD (OS X Lion 10.7.2). The installation guide should work like a charm if your motherboard and VGA card setup same as mine.
Motherboard : ASUS P5G41T-M LX
ASUS BIOS : P5G41T-M-LX-ASUS-1001.ROM
Processor : Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E7400 (2.80GHz, 3MB, 1066FSB)
RAM Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G x 2
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6S [Firmware revision: YA17]
HDD Western Digital WD5000AAKX
Graphic card : Gigabyte 9400GT 1G GDDR2
BIOS Set Up (BIOS update to 1001)
1. ATA/IDE Configuration [Enhanced]
2. Onboard Gigabit LAN [Enable]
3. Power Menu: Suspend Mode [Auto]; ACPI 2.0 Support [Enable]; ACPI APIC Support [Enable]
1. Load iAtkos L2 Installation DVD
2. Run Disk Utilities via Utilities menu and erase the target HDD for clean install. Select GUID partition table and Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as the file system.
3. Select the destination for installation
4. Click "Customize" and [select or check] the following
Bootloader - Chameleon 2.0
Bootloader Options - Graphic Enabler
Patches - FakesSMC; Disabler; RTC - RTC; EvOreboot
Drivers - VoodooHDA - v2.2
USB - USB
PS/2 [Note: Need this for PS/2 keyboard]
Network - nothing select [Note: Need customized kext to function]
5. Click "install" and system complete the installation within 10 minutes.
Upon system reboot, the Lion should work (i.e. audio & graphic ok) but not able to connect to internet.
Add ethernet capability to Lion
1. Drag AtherosL1cEthernet.kext to Kext Helper b7. Once your system security password is entered, press "Easy Install" and here you go. You should be able to locate the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext in S/L/E folder by then.
2. Re-start your Lion and you are now ready for internet surfing or App Store browsing.
The whole process of clean installation until achieving a workable OS X Lion 10.7.2 just within 1 hour is definitely out of my expectation. Even-though the preparation to gather all the necessary input (including time spent on trial/error setting up the workable Lion) is indeed time consuming but the reward is tremendous as I am able to come up with an effective Installation guide which can be good help to everyone (including myself - good learning process to install Lion).
Client Combo Upgrade OS X Lion 10.7.4
Further enhanced the system stability with Combo upgrade to OS X Lion 10.7.4 can be achieved within 30 minutes. A patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kxt is needed for your Lion before you reboot your Hackintosh after Client Combo Upgrade Installation complete.
Done within 20 minutes and you are now operating OS X Lion 10.7.4 after system reboot.
System Profile About This Mac
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Graphics GeForce 9400 GT 1024 MB
Serial Number ;
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)
32-bits : 4049
64-bits : 4465
LionMMember Since 01 Aug 2011
Offline Last Active Jan 03 2014 07:23 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 3
- Profile Views 643
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown