OK, here is my guide for updating iATKOS to 10.6.8 on this model computer:
You will need the following files:
10.6.8 Combo update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399
My update pack from http://www.mediafire...e6mt1dc5eeuk4gw
and your iATKOS installation disc.
1. download both of the files above and put them on your desktop so you can get to them easily
2. extract the update pack, you will find a package for the kernel, Kext Helper B7, and a folder of kexts
3. run the installation for the combo update, but DO NOT REBOOT YET!!!! (I can't stress this enough).
4. run the kernel installer package next, but again, DO NOT REBOOT YET!
5. run Kext Helper B7 and use it to install all of the kexts in the kexts folder
6. insert your iATKOS install disc and NOW YOU MAY REBOOT, but make sure you boot to your iATKOS disc
7. once you get to the OS X installer on the iATKOS disc, choose Disc Utility from the menus and repair permissions on your hard drive
8. when the permission repair is done (it will take several minutes), quit Disc Utility, quit the Installer, and reboot, taking your iATKOS disc out and booting from your hard drive
You should now be running 10.6.8!
Keep in mind, I've only ever done this from a clean install of iATKOS S3/V2, so I can't say if it will work 100% correctly if you have done other updates prior to this.
I have a DC7600 and have had success running iATKOS S3/V2 i tried to update and naturally it didnt work. I found this topic and your instructions are great but the package on mediafire has been removed. Could you re-upload it or give a list of the kexts and the kernel etc.?
Thanks in advance