So I'm a huge idiot, last night I knocked over a glass of watered-down gatorade and spilled some (about 1-2 oz worth) on my macbook . I immediately ran to the kitchen to grab paper towels and clean everything up, disconnected the power and battery, wiped everything down and let it sit upside down overnight to get the liquid out of the internals. The computer itself didn't spark or anything but it shut off fairly quickly right before I disconnected power. I haven't tried booting it back up yet, I wanted to wait ~24 hours or so (it's only been about 9 hours so far).
1. Is there anything else I can/should do to help minimize the damage?
2. My battery was on its way out even before the spill. Should I just go get a new battery and not bother trying to work with the old one? I live about 15 minutes from an apple store so I can stop there on my lunch break today.
3. What are my chances of everything being okay? The laptop is out of warranty (not that it matters for spills anyway) but I really don't want to have to buy another macbook
Lesson learned, don't leave drinks near your expensive and essential electronics.
FUKKUMember Since 02 Jan 2007
Offline Last Active Dec 29 2007 02:03 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 227
- Profile Views 676
- Member Title InsanelyMac Geek
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
- Website URL http://