This is my install guide to installing Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9 onto a Gigabyte GA-375M-D3P Socket 1155 motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4ghz (3.8ghz turbo)
Gigabyte GA-375M-D3P BIOS vF6
8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz Part Number: CML8GX3M2A1600C9
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5 PCI-E
Seagate ST31000528AS 1TB HDD: Windows 7
Seagate ST3500418AS 500 GB HDD: Mavericks 10.9
Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-003CA0 500 GB HDD: Windows 8
Western Digital WD10EZEX-22RKKA0 1TB HDD: Storage
Toshiba 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD
Western Digital My Passport 500 GB USB 3.0 HDD
Western Digital MyBook Live 3.0TB Network Attached Storage
Steps involved to install:
Installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail DVD (purchased from Apple Store) onto motherboard using these setup instructions step-by-step:
I DID HAVE TO USE THE ONBOARD VIDEO HOOKED UP VIA DVI TO A MONITOR TO GO THROUGH THE SNOW LEOPARD SETUP. I WASN’T TOO WORRIED ABOUT THE COMPUTER BEING ABLE TO REBOOT AS LONG AS I WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE MAVERICKS INSTALLATION FILE BUT IT WAS ABLE TO REBOOT WITH THE USB.
Once Snow Leopard was updated to 10.6.8 I downloaded the Mavericks install file (5.29GB) from the Apple App Store and copied to USB to make an installer.
This install was done with my GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB PCI-E video card installed in the PCI-E 3.0 slot on the motherboard and hooked to my 24 in LCD TV via HDMI.
1. Downloaded and created Mavericks 10.9 USB installer.
2. Booted from USB and computer booted straight into the setup. Went to Disk Utility and formatted HDD to Mac OSX (Journaled), GUID Partition.
3. Once formatted installed OSX Mavericks.
4. Once install was completed rebooted with the USB. System booted fine.
5. Booted back into Mavericks.
6. Ethernet works.
7. Sound does not work.
8. Video card shows as GeForce GTX 660 2GB
9. SATA and Marvell Drivers good.
10. USB 3.0 good.
11. Screensaver works.
12. Sleep works.
13. Apple App Store works.
14. Installed ##### with the following options:
Quick Start —> #####
Drivers—>RealTek ALCxxx—>Without DSDT—>ALC887/888b Legacy v100302
Bootloaders—>Chimera 2.2.1 (This was checked by default)
Customize—>Basic Boot Options (This was checked by default)
Customize—>Kernelcache (This was checked by default)
15. Rebooted computer WITHOUT USB. Computer booted into Mavericks fine.
16. Setup keyboard mapping as asked by OS.
17. Check of system shows video card still good as GeForce GTX 660 2GB.
18. Ethernet NOT WORKING.
19. Sound (non-HDMI) working.
20. Run ##### using the following option: Drivers—>Network—>RealTek Lnx2Mac’s Realtek RTL81xx v0.0.90.
21. Rebooted system WITHOUT USB. System booted into Mavericks good.
22. Sound (non-HDMI) - Working.
23. Ethernet - Working.
24. Video card shows as GeForce GTX 660 2GB.
I have not tried to get the HDMI sound working through the EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB. If anyone has a working way to get the HDMI audio working through the video card that would be great so I can run it through my TV I am using as a monitor.
These are all the settings for my motherboard that it is currently set to (most of these are set to what they are by default):
Advanced frequency settings - No changes made
Advanced memory settings - Profile 1
No changes made. All ATA port information has Hot Plug disabled. This is a default.
1, Set HDD boot order to your preference. I have Windows 8 set as default boot HDD and Mavericks set as secondary boot HDD.
2. Intel virtualization technology - Enabled
3. PCI Rom Priority - EFI Compatible ROM
4. Limit CPUID Maximum - Disabled
5. Execute Disable Bit - Enabled
6. Network Stack - Disabled
1. LAN PXE boot option rom - Disabled
2. SATA Controllers - Enabled
3. SATA mode selection - AHCI
4. xHCI Pre-boot driver - Enabled
5. xHCI mode - Enabled
- HS Port 1-4 all Enabled
- xHCI Streams - Enabled
6. USB 2.0 Controller - Enabled
7. Audio Controller - Enabled
8. Init Display First - Auto
9. Internal Graphics - Auto
10. Internal Graphics Memory Size - 64M (Default)
11. DVMT total memory size - Max
12. Legacy USB Support - Enabled
13. xHCI Hand-off - Enabled
14. EHCI Hand-off - Enabled
15. Port 60/64 emulation - Disabled
16. Trusted Computing --> TPM Support - Disabled
17. Onboard LAN controller - Enabled
18. ASF Configuration
- ASF Support - Enabled
- ASF Bios Mode - On
- ASF Watchdog Timer - Disabled
19. METP Configuration - Disabled
20. Super IO Configuration
- Serial Port A - Enabled
- Serial Port B - Enabled
- Parallel Port - Enabled
21. Intel Smart Connect Technology - Disabled
22. Marvel ATA Controller Configuration
- GSATA Controller - AHCI Mode
- Sata Port 0 - not present
- Sata Port 1 - not present
23. Serial Port Console Redirection - Default
- AC Back - Always off. (This is a user preference)
- Power on by keyboard - Disabled
- Resume by Alarm - Disabled
- ERP - Disabled
- High Precision Event Timer - Enabled
- Sort off by power button --> Instant Off
- Internal Graphics Standby Mode - Enabled
- Internal Graphics Deep Standby Mode - Enabled
Screenshot of Unigine Heaven 3D benchmark
Stereo 3D: Disabled
Resolution: 1980x1200 (1080p)