Here is the laptop where I'd like to run Lion:
Dell Inspiron N5110 15R
- Modell No: PJ8PW (WITHOUT NVIDIA GFX, just the HD3000 in i7)
- i7-2630QM Intel Core i7 2630QM 2000Mhz
- 8192 Mb DDR3 1333Mhz
- x0116 HD3000 ONLY! (NO NVidia GT525 or similar!!!)
- 640 Gb (5400 rpm) HDD
- SATA / DVD-Super Multi Double Layer
- 15,6 ” LED
All the hackintosh descriptions I found refer to the DELL N5110 with the additional NVIDIA graphics, with DSDT's, etc. This new DELL 5110 does not have built-in Nvidia gfx anymore.
First I installed OS X SL 10.6.8, worked well apparently, but the machine produced huge lags when using App Store or Chrome - 5 sec freeze, then works for another 7-8 sec, another 3-4 sec freeze, then works again.
Then I managed to install OS X Lion 10.7.0 with Chameleon bootloader, the problem is much less apparent, but still exists. It uses SMBIOS 8.1
Seems to be a HD3000 issue.
Do you have any idea how to fix this issue or what to check?
Or.. is there a step-by-step setup for the Dell N5110 15R without the Nvidia card?
bacizoneMember Since 24 Oct 2010
Offline Last Active Nov 17 2015 02:48 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 1
- Profile Views 467
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown