Is some time that I am preparing a new Pandora, and I wonder if the creation of the installer for systems with AMD CPUs is very different from the usual way with Intel CPU.
For now we have these things:
- FakeSMC.kext + PlugIns by Slice with AMD support.
- A way to replace the kernel on all OSes (included original properly renamed), so do not worry about which kernel you want to include (for example atom ..)
- Install in one fell swoop all the kexts you want in one go!
- bootloader, Enoch or Clover (legacy or not).
- You can customize your boot files, or implement your personal ones.
- Supported OSes are Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks an Yosemite
- Wait for me to finish
Now I need to know if this is enough, or should associate with some "action" (perhaps based on selected OS version like 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x or 10.10?, delete some unwanted extensions for example?).
I state that I will do everything possible to do what you ask me, with the possibility that radical changes if required, will be published after a normal first release of the new Pandora.
- #4 gils83 no need any replacement/removed kexts to boot 10.8.5 with "kernel Sinetek/Bronya Anv 12.5"
- First "problem" found: some kernels require specific kernel flags.
- busratio must be calculate properly, but is irrelevant to boot the installer