[Update] - Installing Mavericks 10.9 - Non Dual Booting Guide
After two years since starting this thread it's time for an update on how to install the latest OS X to your hp8530p/w.
Note: In this guide I only explain how to install OS X without taking care of any parallel Windows installation.
- Running OS X machine ( > 10.5) - virtual machine for example
- Mavericks image from apple
- Myhack installer from http://myhack.sojugarden.com/
- Kext wizard from janek202 - http://www.insanelym...aller-and-more/
- Latest dsdt.aml - attached in first post - http://www.insanelym...1073/?p=1788377
- Additional kext (driver) files (SLE.zip, Extra.zip) - attached in first post - http://www.insanelym...1073/?p=1788377
- Bootable USB Drive (~ 8GB)
- HP8530p/w with NVidia FX770m inside
1.) Creating a Mavericks Installer using myhack / preparing the USB Drive
a.) Mount your mavericks image $something$.dmg
b.) Format your usb device with the Disc Utility as "Mac OS Extendend (Journaled)" else myhack won't detect it.
c.) Start myhack installer, enter su password, choose "Create OS X Installer" and "Create OS X 10.9 Install Disk" afterwards
d.) Choose your usb drive as volume to run myhack on, let myhack scan the system for your mounted mavericks image
e.) Proceed with the installation process.
f. ) After myhack has finished, copy the downloaded dsdt.aml to the Extra folder of the "myHack OS X 10.9 Install Disk"
2.) Install Mavericks on the hp8530p/w
a.) Plug the created myHack Install USB Stick into your hp8530p/w
b.) Press ESC after the hp boot prompt and F9 afterwards to choose the USB Device as boot device.
c.) In Chameleon choose "myHack OS X 10.9 Install Disk" and enter the additional paramter -v (in case something goes wrong)
d.) Wait for the setup to start... takes some time
e.) Format your HDD using Utilities -> Disk Utility as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) - Proceed with the setup
f. ) Myhack will ask you some additional questions during installation - I answered them in this combination
- Use Generic Extra that comes with myHack - YES
- Remove ApplePolicyControl.kext - YES
- Remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext - YES
- Remove AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext - I'm not sure - I tried both.. didn't make any difference. Your choice.
g.) The setup will restart - boot the HDD in Chameleon - you can remove the usb drive at this point.
h.) Proceed with the Installation.... Done.
3.) Driver Installation
a.) Navigate to /Extra/ and remove the whole folder "Extensions" and "RemovedExtensions"
b.) Copy the following files from the downloaded Extra.zip to /Extra
c.) Copy the latest dsdt.aml to /Extra
d.) Go to /System/Library/Extensions and remove the following files
e.) Extract the SLE.zip and install the following files using kext wizard to /S/L/E/
g.) Finish the installation of the VoodooPs2Controller Dameon (see https://github.com/R.../How-to-Install). If you don't to this, your keyboard/touchpads won't work after sleep!
h.) Optional: Check if speedstep is working using the HWMonitor.app (inside SLE.zip)
Update to 10.9.1 via AppStore is possible without any issues - just replace the updated AppleHDA.kext with the one from SLE.zip again...
I hope I didn't miss something...
Enjoy your hackbook,