This is how I get my Acer AO531h sleep. Please note I'm not an expert, I just wanna share what I did, hope it help some. This guide may (or maybe not) work for you.
Reason: Before this I didn't bother about wake/sleep, but recently I need wake badly so I manage to enable full sleep and wake. I was able to deep sleep (hibernate) before, just wake from sleep give me KP. Now I have stable sleep.
Bios: I don't think this necessary but I have updated my Bios to v.3304.
My Current OS: Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Chameleon 2.0.0 RC 5. Kernel from skvo package.
- Make your own dsdt.aml. The old dsdt.aml I use from AO150, (there was some guide here) and give KP when wake from sleep. So we need to make a clean dsdt.aml. Use this guide to get yours.
- Patch your dsdt.aml with this DSDT Editor from this guide.
What to be patched:
- Mac devices.txt
- Some patch from Notebook Core 2 ICH8 folder:
- _T_x rename.txt
- Fn Keys.txt
Patch all those, then compile it. Make sure there is no errors. Warning is OK, I have 4 warnings myself.
Then replace your dsdt.aml on /Extra folder with these.
- SBUS patch give me KP on wake from sleep.
- SMC patch also give me KP on wake from sleep.
- Not tried yet: WAK, Speedstep, and HPET.
Delete your kext cache if you made changes to your kext. You should do this every time you made changes for the safe. I suggest you use Kext Utility.
If you prefer command line skill, you may try this:
sudo rm -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext sudo rm -R /Extra/Extensions.mkext
Optionally, you can update your cache with kextcache utility.
If everything ok, you may reboot and get your sleep working. You should also delete your kext cache every time you modified your dsdt.aml for safe.
Some notes to consider:
- I have to set this on com.apple.boot.plist
- My kext on E/E folder:
- My custom kext on S/L/E:
- IO80211Family (for my Wi-Fi),
- AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext will cause KP on wake.
- I use Macbook2,1 model on smbios.plist.
My main goal is enable wake, so I leave the rest for later. Some application may prevent sleep, so better try with no application (background) running. Good Luck!
DSDT.aml.zip 10.78KB 2 downloads
smbios.plist.zip 838bytes 2 downloads
com.apple.boot.plist.zip 903bytes 3 downloads
English isn't my main language, sorry and this is my first guide .