my plan for the next weeks is to build a stable working hackintosh primarily for hd video editing with Final Cut. Right now I still have an AMD Phenom X4 based system, so I will have to change MB and CPU for that and like to keep the rest of my components if possible.
So my planned setup looks like this:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-860
MB: GIGABYTE GA-H55-UD5 (or maybe the version with USB3??)
RAM: 4x2048MB PC3-10600 CL9 (two different branded kits)
GPU: 896MB Palit GeForce GTX260 Sonic 216 (with HDMI, DVI and VGA output)
Power: ATX Enermax PRO-82+ 425W
SSD: 128GB Super Talent UltraDrive GX (FTM28GX25H) (for booting OsX)
HD: 1x 500GB Samsung F3 SATA + 2x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA as RAID0
Optical: Bluray Burner LG BH10LS30 (I like to get bluray since i have to replace my IDE DVD burner)
I'm not sure if the following issues will cause trouble:
- 1333 RAM (most setups I saw are running on 1600)
- Graphic adapter with HDMI, DVI and VGA output (I've heard HDMI can cause trouble)
- SSD for booting Snow Leopard
- Install from Blueray drive and use it as DVD-Burner in SL
- I also hope that 425W on the Enermax is still enough power for the system
I thought about getting a I7/920, but I'm not sure if I can use my 2 RAM-Kits (each 2x2GB) on it without problems because of the triple channel? Also it's nice to save some power with the 860.
What do you think? Do you have concerns regarding my setup?
Thanks for your help! This is a great forum!
MahavishnuMember Since 19 Apr 2010
Offline Last Active Sep 03 2011 10:28 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 6
- Profile Views 486
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown