I've found a graphic enabler that work on Lion, it's a new versione of ATY_Init.kext. ATY_Init.kext.rar 264.47KB 410 downloads
Requirements: Kext Wizard (or any other similar tool)
Now the steps to do:
- Copy ATI2600Controller.kext from S/L/E to your desktop
- Right click on copied file, Show package content.
- Edit Info.plist to add your graphic card ID
<key>IONameMatch</key> <array> <string>pci1002,9588</string> <string>pci1002,9583</string> <string>pci1002,9589</string> </array>I've added 1002,9589, it's mine ID.
- With Kext Wizard, install ATY_Init.kext (attached to this post) and the modified ATI2600Controller.kext to S/L/E , then repair permission and rebuilt chache for S/L/E.
- Now you can change screen resolution and if you check, the system recognizes your graphic card correctly.
I've tried to find informations about QE/CI. Using osx86tool I tried to activate QE, but at reboot nothing change and after running osx86tool again I get an error when trying to check QE.
I think that QE/CI features are unusable under lion with this graphic card.
Another thing I've noticed is that Chameleon is not using the correct graphic resolution. I've added 1440x900x32 inside com.apple.boot.plist but I see a 4:3 resolution.
Anyone have ideas?