YES, if you would be kind and share ALL the details as many of us here can't get it working.
Thanks, IAN. :)
Sure :-) I have TP-Link TL-WN727N v1, here are my steps to automate Wi-Fi connectivity
1. Files I used:BearExtender-5.4.dmg from http://store.bearext...te-compatiblityRTUSB_D2870-184.108.40.206_UI-220.127.116.11_2013_11_29.dmg from http://www.mediatek....ads1/downloads/Exhaust.app from https://www.macupdat...c/34949/exhaustRalinkAirport.app from http://aquamac.probo...sb-wifi-dongles2. Installed BearExtender-5.4
3. Installed RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext (I use Kext Utility to install kexts) extracted from RTUSB_D2870-18.104.22.168_UI-22.214.171.124_2013_11_29.dmg
3. Copied RalinkAirport.app & Exhaust.app to \Applications
5. Added my preferred SSID to WirelessUtility.app and activated it
6. Removed WirelessUtility from Settings>Users & Groups>Login Items and added RalinkAirport.app
7. Added Wire...
The first time Clover was able to run Sierra ever was due to me, Rehabman and Sherlock. Pandora's Box contains Clover, it's a tool, and is the first tool able to create the installer (createinstallmedia or with a restore method like you are looking for) for Sierra. Also has a good config editor. Thank you Micky, finally got it working, it was old Clover version issue, created installer using Pandora's Box and then installed new Clover manually, copied my kexts to Clover\kexts\others and problem solved. Now need to sort TP-Link TL-WN727N auto connect issue.
To use unsigned kexts during first boot use bootflags rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1The proper way of disable SIP later (I think) is to add to Clover's plist <key>RtVariables</key>
</dict> I found this somewhere in the forum and for me it is working perfectly. Thanks Green :-)For installer and 1st boot 'boot with injected kexts' worked for me. Now have two issues, wireless kext not loading and showing USB over current error. I found something similar to disable SIP on an other forum, I'll try it.
its working here, just try to kext drop it again...and remember to add rootless=0 Problem solved, in Yosemite I was using this kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 but in EI Capitan it's not working in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11, so moved it to S/L/E, now it's loading fine :)
Hi PGH :) Thanks for post. I tried your way but it didn't work. After some investigation finally I caught the culprit :) it's 'Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext', it was not loading due to 'invalid signature', after googling I found this http://www.insanelym...eset/?p=2026075 and patched original Yosemite AppleRTC.kext in S/L/E, but after patching it's causing same error, 'invalid signature', without patching this kext my system does not boot. Now the only workable solution is to leave this kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 and load using 'with injected kexts' on boot. Trying to find a way to make this 'with injected kexts' thing permanent in config.plist, tried following but it's not loading kexts, any idea about it? <key>InjectKexts</key><string>Yes</string> Edit: It's working now, it has to be this way <key>SystemParameters</key><dict><key>InjectKexts</key>...