About selecting APFS on Beta.app = Yes I did try but you get APFS upgrade option only if you install on current OS like if you install High Sierra from Sierra then installer will allow you to upgrade with APFS.
Another try = I also install High Sierra from Core method but NO MORE RECOVERY DISK by this method. On High Sierra I create one APFS partition and again I install High Sierra with Beta.app on APFS partition but failed.If you stuck with Disk Utility then Problem with two thing the image of High Sierra and Firmware Features. I hardly ever used recovery to fix anything, so it's not that important for me to have it, still have working recovery on Sierra, right now I have Sierra and High Sierra (APFS) working on same SSD, was trying to figure out how to resize APFS parition, found diskutil apfs resizeContainer, going to try it now, thanks Dec_Bra1n :)
For now only working option for me is Core.pkg, mean without APFS, don't know what causing this stuck on Loading disks or blue screen before language selection, its extremely slow at those steps.
Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
don't do 2 step just make USB Mac OS Hight Seirra origin + Clover r4084 + Copy kext : FakeSMC.kext + you PC Lan kext (Intel or Realtek or Atheros..) + GenericUSBXHCI (Enables USB 3.0 on many system) to USB EFI\Clover\Kext\Other
* Boot mainboard F12 (main Gigabyte) choise UEFI USB to Clover r4084 : Go to USB "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS 10.13 Beta" press spacebar choise Boot with flag : - v ( Verbose Mode) : Press spacebar select nv_disable=1 : Press spacebar select Choise "Boot macOS with selected option " Enter Thanks :) I have no USB 3 port, mean don't need third kext, and don't use LAN but Wi-Fi, so I need FakeSMC, Wi-Fi and sound kext, rest is same as Sierra.
Sorry for asking it again if already answered, I'm reading this thread for half an hour, it's kind of confusing, can anyone please confirm.1) Do we still need 'prelinkedkernel' with new 'clover 4084'?2) Do we still need to add 'FirmwareFeatures' to 'SMBIOS'? Thanks :)
YES, if you would be kind and share ALL the details as many of us here can't get it working.
Thanks, IAN. :)
Sure :-) I have TP-Link TL-WN727N v1, here are my steps to automate Wi-Fi connectivity
1. Files I used:BearExtender-5.4.dmg from http://store.bearext...te-compatiblityRTUSB_D2870-188.8.131.52_UI-184.108.40.206_2013_11_29.dmg from http://www.mediatek....ads1/downloads/Exhaust.app from https://www.macupdat...c/34949/exhaustRalinkAirport.app from http://aquamac.probo...sb-wifi-dongles2. Installed BearExtender-5.4
3. Installed RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext (I use Kext Utility to install kexts) extracted from RTUSB_D2870-220.127.116.11_UI-18.104.22.168_2013_11_29.dmg
3. Copied RalinkAirport.app & Exhaust.app to \Applications
5. Added my preferred SSID to WirelessUtility.app and activated it
6. Removed WirelessUtility from Settings>Users & Groups>Login Items and added RalinkAirport.app
7. Added Wire...
The first time Clover was able to run Sierra ever was due to me, Rehabman and Sherlock. Pandora's Box contains Clover, it's a tool, and is the first tool able to create the installer (createinstallmedia or with a restore method like you are looking for) for Sierra. Also has a good config editor. Thank you Micky, finally got it working, it was old Clover version issue, created installer using Pandora's Box and then installed new Clover manually, copied my kexts to Clover\kexts\others and problem solved. Now need to sort TP-Link TL-WN727N auto connect issue.
To use unsigned kexts during first boot use bootflags rootless=0 and kext-dev-mode=1The proper way of disable SIP later (I think) is to add to Clover's plist <key>RtVariables</key>
</dict> I found this somewhere in the forum and for me it is working perfectly. Thanks Green :-)For installer and 1st boot 'boot with injected kexts' worked for me. Now have two issues, wireless kext not loading and showing USB over current error. I found something similar to disable SIP on an other forum, I'll try it.
its working here, just try to kext drop it again...and remember to add rootless=0 Problem solved, in Yosemite I was using this kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 but in EI Capitan it's not working in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11, so moved it to S/L/E, now it's loading fine :)
Hi PGH :) Thanks for post. I tried your way but it didn't work. After some investigation finally I caught the culprit :) it's 'Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext', it was not loading due to 'invalid signature', after googling I found this http://www.insanelym...eset/?p=2026075 and patched original Yosemite AppleRTC.kext in S/L/E, but after patching it's causing same error, 'invalid signature', without patching this kext my system does not boot. Now the only workable solution is to leave this kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 and load using 'with injected kexts' on boot. Trying to find a way to make this 'with injected kexts' thing permanent in config.plist, tried following but it's not loading kexts, any idea about it? <key>InjectKexts</key><string>Yes</string> Edit: It's working now, it has to be this way <key>SystemParameters</key><dict><key>InjectKexts</key>...