Jump to content



Member Since 13 Aug 2005
Offline Last Active Jun 16 2017 10:32 AM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: NVMe native support in 10.13 :)

13 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

This is probably a long shot, but what happens if you take the IONVMeFamily.kext from High Sierra and put it in a Sierra install? Does it enable other drives there, or is the kext incompatible?


I'd check myself but I don't have an NVMe drive yet. Just wondering if it could work, as I'd like to remain on Sierra until High Sierra final release is made public (though I have installed DP1 just to see if everything is still working).

Send me the zipped kext!
By the way, what about Plextor M8Pe? My Sierra install committed harakiri, so I might try High Sierra now.

In Topic: Create a new kext that uses boot args

08 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

 Instead of doing that you could use the sysctl interfaces to set an integer in your driver.

In Topic: Sinetek's Driver for Realtek "RTSX" SDHC Card Readers

04 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Hello, I'm afraid my kext won't load either. At first I had an error telling me about a kext signature validation error and dependency failures, but I went to the Info.plist and changed (com.apple.kpi.bsd, com.apple.kpi.iokit, com.apple.kpi.libkern, and com.apple.kpi.mach), their values from 16.4 to 15.0 and that was resolved. But I still have the kext signature validation error (Code -67030). Please, can someone lend a hand?

I have also checked if I have disabled SIP, I did.

ah good catch, I should probably relax those values. the signature validation error is not something that should matter on a hackintosh, you should have the SIP disabled and the OS will load the kext (but still whine that I'm too lazy to get a signature)

I have Intel Pcie sd host controller can you make it with your kext?

No. That might be taken care of by quinielascom's driver, however.

In Topic: Sinetek's Driver for Realtek "RTSX" SDHC Card Readers

02 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

Sinetek, Thanks for the great job.


I found patch for my SD reader Vendor ID: 10EC (VID); Device ID: 525A (PID), but I don`t know Xcode well and can`t apply this part of code to your project.

Can somebody help me with this job?

Thanks in advance

that's for Linux. I can't do much until the openbsd or netbsd driver is updated to support your chip.

In Topic: Sinetek's Driver for Realtek "RTSX" SDHC Card Readers

31 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it since it takes a lot of energy to make it happen, and I've been busy with an NVME driver. I love open source and every driver we release for hackintoshes are a step in this direction, perhaps. Insanelymac has a good community though from what I see.
I'll see what I can do for your chip. Maybe I can take some of the extra support that has been added in NetBSD and include them, since I'm using a base of OpenBSD for the driver and SDMMC core. Apple's OS itself has no conception of SD cards since they use exclusively USB abstraction chips to do that work.


And here's the sources:  https://github.com/s...ek/Sinetek-rtsx


It's a bit messy and not in the state I would like it to be, but that's nothing unfixable

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy