Anyway, here below I will show you a fast way to install Snow Leopard Vanilla 10.6.7 on this notebook to achive an usable OSX 10.6.7 on this PC
First of all sorry for my really bad English!!!!
MAIN NOTEBOOK SPECS:
HP DV2780EL (dv2700 series)
- C2D T8100 @2.1Ghz 800FSB 2MB L2
- 2GB RAM DDR2 667
- HDD 80GB Sata 5400rpm
- NVIDIA 8400M GS 128M
- Card Reader Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822
- Wireless Broadcom Corporation BCM4315 802.11 b/g
- LAN wired Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8039
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader AuthenTec Inc. AES2501A
- Bluetooth Broadcom 2.1
- Display 14,1 TFT (XWGA) 1280x800
WHAT IT'S WORKING (32bit):
- DUAL CORE working at 100%
- WIFI Broadcom (ootb)
- LAN Ethernet Gigabit (using specific kext)
- Bluetooth (ootb)
- VGA with QE/CI enabled (using GraphicsEnabler=Yes)
- Brightness controls (DSDT patch)
- Volume controls (ootb)
- Audio / Internal MIC (using only a specific VoodooHDA)
- Audio external (front MIC jack and Headset jack)
- Internal Keyboard/Touchpad (using VoodoodPS2 patched)
- DVD burner (ootb)
- Battery (using kext)
- Speedstep (using fakesmc and VoodooPowerMini)
- Firewire (not tested)
- Audio External Jack
- VGA-OUT only in Extended mode
- HP WebCam (it's recognized but only Black Image. The only way it's using CamTwist)
- Sleep (manual) and Wake UP (no more issues) UPDATED 20/08/2012 *
WHAT IT'S NOT WORKING (32bit):
- Express Card/54 slot (not tested)
- Internal 56K Modem: it's only a WIN-MODEM (WIN=WIndows!) Absolute no support in OSX
- VGA-OUT in mirror mode!! (if you try, u will see vertical lines. To restore the situation use the command line tool: 'mirror -off'. You can found it easy on google or in my previous guide about 10.6.7 on nc6400.
- Fingerprint recognition
- Internal Card Reader RICOH
(*) 20/08/2012: I have tried to reinstall all following my guide, and I believed that the wake up problems have been related to a kext. So I tested the sleep/wakeup at every Kext installation and so I have isolated the one that creates the issue: AppleACPIThermal.kext
I have located it under plugins folder of AppleACPIPlatform.kext (vanilla 10.6.7). So if u want a working sleep/wakeup, please don't install it!! For automatic sleep I'm testing KWscript linked here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=182535
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Notebook as above
- USB Keyboard and mouse (for installation)
- USB Pen of minimum 8GB
- Another Real Apple/Hackintosch PC would be better to prepare all the necessary steps
1) BIOS SETTINGS:
- No special settings at all. Load Bios Defaults is enough
P.S. if you prefer, you can use a BIOS patched to remove Whitelist for Wireless Card.
2) CREATION OF THE USB STICK (MIN 8GB!!!):
- Buy/Download a RETAIL DVD of OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I have used a .torrent from a Russian Forum. Be sure to find a RETAIL DVD and not a modified one (Hazard, iATKOS, etc etc...). The image is circa 6GB
- Using anothe MAC insert the USB stick, format it and restore the Image.dmg on it
- Now launch MyHack 1.1 and install it on USB Pen so it becomes bootable. During the wizard please choose "AdHoc" and select only these options: core, com.apple.Boot.plist, EvoReboot and FakeSMC and nothing else!!!!
- On my ZIP file you will have a folder called "Extra" with some files. Please copy: com.apple.Boot.plist, dsdt.aml and smbios.plist to the same /Extra folder of the USB pen overwriting if necessary.
- NOW YOU ARE READY FOR THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!
If you want to use MBR table on your hackintosch (for multiboot with windows xp or other things) instead of GUID (that create an EFI hidden partition), please consider to apply the patch "OSInstall_1063_10D575_deviato.zip" provided in my ZIP.
Some users reported to me that MyHack 2.x works also fine. I suppose that it's correct. In this case please consider to use org.chameleon.Boot.plist instead of com.apple.Boot.plist. The main difference it's that from a certain version of chameleon 2.1 the com.apple.Boot.plist has become obsolete.
3) BEGIN THE INSTALLATION ON IBM LENOVO:
- Insert the new USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse on your notebook, power it on and boot from USB (press F12). A Chameleon should appear and wait 5 seconds. I have switched the installation in verbose mode (-v) so you can see all.
- Now begin the classic OSX wizard (languages etc). Using "Disk Utility" prepare your HDD as you prefer (number of partitions, GUID or MBR etc) and so on...... After a while (it should take 20/30 minutes!!!) it will finish and ask you for reboot.
- Please reboot with USB pen inserted and when chameleon appears, press a key and choose your new HDD OSX partition and press enter. Now the wizard will continue till the end.
4) FIRST USE:
- When you are on SL 10.6.3 you have to make bootable your NEW OSX Partition. For that reason you have to launch another time MyHack 1.1 (that you can found on your USB Pen used for the installation) and make exactly the same things of the STEP 2) for the USB Pen: install MyHack 1.1 on OSX Partition of your HDD, select core, com.apple.Boot.plist, EvoReboot and FakeSMC, after installation copy from /Extra on USB penthese 3 files com.apple.Boot.plist, DSDT.aml and smbios.plist on the /Extra folder on your HDD.
- (Alternative method) You can use the utility "Chameleon Wizard" (provided in my ZIP) and install the Build-in Chameleon 2.1 r1819. Always using this tool you can create your own "org.chameleon.boot.plist". I have choosen: Verbose mode, GUI, Time Out 3s, npci = 0x2000, darkwake = 0, 32bit (arch=i386), Ethernet Built-in, System Type (2), Restart Fix, Enable C4 States, GraphicsEnabler = Yes.
For SMBIOS.plist I have used MacPro 4,1. Don't forget to place DSDT.aml under /Extra!!!
- Copy on your HDD at least Kext Utility
- In my ZIP file you will have a folder named /EE (=/Extra/Extensions) and /SLE (=/System/Library/Extensions). What is under /Extra must correspond to the related one in your OSX Partition, instead /SLE means what you should install under your /System/Library/Extensions naturally using Kext Utility.
- At this step you can just install VoodooPS2Controller.kext into /SLE and eventually broadcomfix.kext if you have a Broadcom not automatically recognized by OSX (like mine that is a BCM4315). After that DON'T FORGET to run KextUtility. In general EVERY TIME you manipulate some kext.
- Now you are ready to restart the OSX without USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse.
5) INSTALL OSX 10.6.7 COMBO UPDATE:
- Now restart and check if your SL 10.6.3 is working. You can quite control if your DSDT is read by the System if you can see the bluetooth icon or Biometric Coprocessor on System Profiler (USB section).
- Download Snow Leopard Combo Update 10.6.7 (circa 1 GB) and install it
- After the installation restart the PC
- Using Kext Utility, you can quite complete the procedure installing the others kexts (for /E/E and /S/L/E) launching kextutility.
6) THAT'S ALL!!!!
- Now you can quite apply each Apple Update you prefer EXCEPT for 10.6.8. I am not interested on this major update. It prepares the way to LION update modifing several things. I think that for this kind of notebook 10.6.7 it's the maximum about stability.
SUMMARY OF MY STUFF:
KEXTs that I have found/patched and their meaning:
> (S/L/E) VoodooPS2Controller.kext (1.1.0/1.1.2) = This is a "mixed" kext. I have used voodoops2controller.kext specific to resolve the key < > and than a VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext modded by slice for the ALPS touchpad (10.13)
> (S/L/E) IONetworkingFamily.kext (1.9) = Found on http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1353024
> (S/L/E) AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext (1.0.15)
> (S/L/E) VoodooHDA.kext (0.2.62) = Works great and internal MIC too
> (S/L/E) VoodooPowerMini.kext (1.2.7) = Help to enable CPU Speedstepping
> (S/L/E) FakeSMC.kext (4.2.0 rev. 612) = With these plugins: ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, NVClockX.kext and I use its HWMonitor.
> (S/L/E) AnyiSightCam.kext = I change idVendor and idProduct (in Dec) of my HP WebCam for testing pourpose.
I have prepared a ZIP with all the necessary and uploaded it on OSX86.net at this link: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3090
MY DSDT patched:
I have extracted my DSDT and applied these fixes using DSDT Editor:
- DTGP, FN, IOATAFamily FIX, IRQS, LPC, RTC, SMBUS, NEW-HPET, Shutdown Fx (Intel), Added PNLF and LCD fix http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1580979 , USB and EHCI https://apocolipse.com/?p=14 , HDEF-PWR state for wake up, LID0, "windows 2006" fix
I have created one using Chameleon Wizard app starting from MacBook4,1
<string>-v npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
Because Bildbot isn't working anymore (linked on Chameleon Wizard), I have installed the Built-in one: ver 2.1 svn r1819 without problems. Tested fine the 2.1 svn r2033 (by ifabio) from "dropbox" tab too.
My 2 cents
Please let me know if I forgot something or the explanation isn't clear
h-3.2# lspci -nn
00:00.0 Host bridge : Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub [8086:2a00] (rev 0c)
00:01.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 PCI Express Root Port [8086:2a01] (rev 0c)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2834] (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2835] (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:283a] (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:283f] (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:2841] (rev 03)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 3 [8086:2843] (rev 03)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 4 [8086:2845] (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2830] (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2831] (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2832] (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:2836] (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev f3)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge : Intel Corporation 82801HEM (ICH8M) LPC Interface Controller [8086:2815] (rev 03)
00:1f.1 IDE interface : Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) IDE Controller [8086:2850] (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller : Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2829] (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:283e] (rev 03)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller : nVidia Corporation G86 [GeForce 8400M GS] [10de:0427] (rev a1)
05:00.0 Ethernet controller : Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller [11ab:4353] (rev 14)
07:00.0 Network controller : Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315] (rev 01)
08:09.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller [1180:0832] (rev 05)
08:09.1 SD Host controller : Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 22)
08:09.2 System peripheral : Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 12)
08:09.3 System peripheral : Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 12)
08:09.4 System peripheral : Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 12)