I have a problem. I just remove SuperDrive. I don't need it. MacOS boot's ok from SSD (in place where HDD was). But any other source boot up very slow. I mean if you try to load Windows partition or boot from USB DVD it takes 2-3 minutes. PowerOn, then grey screen and then loading from not-OSX partition starts.
1. Maybe there is a way to change firmware of any software fix this problem? Looks like macbook try to find superdrive. It cheching hardware when startup.
2. What if I'll use any SATA source like ssd in optibay to replace superdrive. It will fix that delay on startup without superdrive?
3. Maybe any hardware "hack"? I mean dummy sata device like cardreader etc with light weight to trick macbook?
Same problem: https://discussions..../thread/4477700
ktzMember Since 23 Aug 2009
Offline Last Active Sep 05 2016 03:32 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 26
- Profile Views 2,546
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
- Website URL http://