Hi. I desperately need to make native HDMI port (without converters) on Gigabyte 9800GT Silent Cell 1GB on 10.8.2 OSX, and this is very frustrating...
This card has next outputs (from left to right): DVI - VGA - HDMI
Basically DVI + VGA are works on 100% but nothing on HDMI (I can see picture there only when OS is booting, afterwards it disappears).
I have tried next:
1) GraphicsEnabler = Yes : DVI - OK, VGA - OK, HDMI - FAIL (hangs OSX when plugged in)
2) GraphicsEnabler = Yes + UseNvidiaROM = Yes and \ or VBIOS = Yes + rom file in /Extra : Unable to boot, constant reboots (no matter what rom is used - native or from Mac 8800GT)
3) GraphicsEnabler = Yes + NVCAP = 04000000000003000c0000000000000700000000 (extracted from native rom): DVI - OK, VGA - OK, HDMI - No signal (screen on DVI flashes with blue background when HDMI plugged in, OSX not freezing)
4) NVEnabler: DVI - OK, VGA - OK, HDMI - No signal (no flashes, no react when plugged in)
5) NVEnabler + edited plist (added NVCAP and VBIOS Hex): DVI - OK, VGA - OK, HDMI - No signal (no flashes, no react when plugged in)
I think NVCAP should be adjusted somehow, because I managed to get no freezes with extracted NVCAP and I see graphics reconfiguratiion when plugging HDMI cable but TV still prints "No signal". I assume it sends wrong signal on it and it needs to be swapped somehow by NVCAP but I don't know how. I saw a lot people where trying to get HDMI work on 9800GT, but all success with roms manipulating is drops on 10.7.x and higher.
Extracted rom attached. Please help.
NeoloMember Since 14 Jun 2009
Offline Last Active Private
- Group Members
- Active Posts 99
- Profile Views 1,692
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown