HD4000.png 45.14K 61 downloads
First of all big thank to Micky1979 to propose and test this feature on his Intel HD4000
(Also this feature will be included in the next "coming soon" Pandora's Box (Beta2+)
OK let's start:
Last week, I wrote in Chameleon the option to inject via org.chameleon.Boot.plis the AAPL,ig-platform-id and PRESERVING the last commit feature provided by meklort and cosmo1t on the gma.c file.
Micky1979 was propose me to add a key for the AAPL,ig-platform-id in o.c.B.p to provide custom value instead of classic DSDT or EFI strings.
We test it and works with out DSDT and EFI string And now we need few testers to confirm it work, also we need to make sure it works on different Intel HD 4000 cards.
- No more DSDT edits!
- No more EFI Strings!
- No more Headache!
- Easy change the FB "personality"!
- This feature was already implemented in my branch of Chameleon (Enoch).
At this link the latest compiled Enoch binaries:
Enoch 2210updated to 2231, now available here >> Enoch Bootloader
- Disable any kind of enabler, DSDT injection, injector or device-properties you're currently using.
- In org.chameleon.Boot.plist set GraphicsEnabler = Yes
- Add the key HD4K-ig = some value between 0 and 11 into your o.c.B.p aka org.chameleon.Boot.plist (/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist)
Example: HD4k-ig = 4
Will be inject the value 01660004 for the AAPL,ig-platform-id
iHD4K.png 71.49K 109 downloads
The possible value for the HD4K-ig key are:
HD4K-ig=0 set ig 01660000 // Mobile 4 Ports, 1 LVDS (Display Notebook) e 3 Display Port
HD4K-ig=1 set ig 01660001 // Mobile 4 Ports, 1 LVDS (Display Notebook), 1 HDMI e 2 Display Port
HD4K-ig=2 set ig 01660002 // Mobile 1 Port, LVDS (Display Notebook)
HD4K-ig=3 set ig 01660003 // Mobile 4 Ports, 1 LVDS (Display Notebook), 1 HDMI e 2 Display Port
HD4K-ig=4 set ig 01660004 // Mobile 1 Port, LVDS (Display Notebook)
HD4K-ig=5 set ig 01620005 // Desktop 3 Display Ports
HD4K-ig=6 set ig 01620006 // Desktop 0 Port (don't use it with the original kext)
HD4K-ig=7 set ig 01620007 // Desktop 0 Port (don't use it with the original kext)
HD4K-ig=8 set ig 01660008 // Mobile 3 Ports, 1 LVDS (Display Notebook) e 2 Display Port
HD4K-ig=9 set ig 01660009 // Mobile 3 Ports, 1 LVDS (Display Notebook) e 2 Display Port
HD4K-ig=10 set ig 0166000a // Mobile 3 Ports, 2 Display Port e 1 HDMI
HD4K-ig=11 set ig 0166000b // Mobile 3 Ports, 3 Porte, 2 Display Port e 1 HDMI
- Also there is the possibility to use the HDAEnable.dylib to Inject AUDIO layout-id value (hexadecimal)
Note: I wrote this module more than 6 months ago (Still a work in progress) but is functionally, soon I upload a new version (more easy with decimal value).
- Q. What happens if I forgot to add the HD4K-ig key in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?
A. The bootloader assign the default value done by the code above: (by meklort and cosmo1t)
Spoilerso if you don't set any values, by default the booter assign a specific ig based on RAM value:
- This isn't a HOW TO get your card working, this is a request for testing.
- Don't ask how to install the booter, how to use or add a given booter flag or how to run an update, if you don't know how to do that yourself, then this isn't for you, yet, learn that elsewhere, and you're more than welcome here.
- I don't take responsibility for any damage this may cause, so take your precautions before you use this.
- The source code will be committed/released when I have accumulated feedback
- A Intel HD4000.
- Disable any kind of enabler,DSDT injection, injector or device-properties you're currently using.
- Save an bdmesg dump (From terminal or from Chameleon Wizard bdmesg’s TAB).
- Report any observations or comments.
- Include a screenshot of the Graphics tab from System Profiler when reporting.