@RemoteWorks,Why are you using MSRDumper when I clearly wrote in the OP to use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo from Pike for this test? Also, I've given instructions in my OP on how to do PM debugging - please read that again and follow through.
Other problem I'm having at the moment, after updating to 10.9.2 I get a strange lag, sluggish responsiveness even to type my password at login screen, and after a while it flashes me back to login screen. When booting with -v I can get the OS giving me an error on BluetoothHCI stuff, before lagging a long time before I get something on the screens. I had a same problem in 10.9.2, and as I posted on Netkas's forum, I ultimately resolved it by replacing IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIFamily from 10.9.1. If you do not want to replace kexts, alternative was suggested by mysticalos to raise certain PCI voltages in BIOS. My BIOS does not offer the needed voltage options, so I had to resort to kext replacement. Regarding the CPUs, I used Pike's script as a base but then I manually add and correct things. You won't be generating SSDT all the time, so might as well invest some time into customizing it to your own needs.
Cooking where, with me messing with Chameleon? :) I'm writing a module that patches specific CPU MSRs so that things get initialized for Power Management. If you look at my other thread, I've posted a test module already that sets couple of values, which I hope will help people with their Power Management. The idea is to ultimately have a config file with the module so it can do this arbitrarily, per user needs, but I'm a n00b with writing modules so one step at a time. :D
I've posted the MSRpatcher.dylib plugin for Chameleon to the OP - place it in your /Extra/modules/ folder. What it does is initializes MSR_PKGC3_IRTL, MSR_PKGC6_IRTL and MSR_PKGC7_IRTL (if C7 is available) with some default values. This was suggested by Pike in a comment to one of his blog posts at http://pikeralpha.wo...ementinfo-kext/ I might actually expand the MSRpatcher to include a config file that will arbitrarily patch user defined MSRs, once I get around to it. :)
I did a quick reinstall of boot0md and boot1h from the svn version I compiled last night...and after a reboot it looked like my bootloader got hosed: boot0: initboot0: doneb1f: initb1f: error Turns out I forgot I had remnants of Clover on my EFI partition and that was getting hit first before my OS X one. Quick zeroing the boot sector of the EFI partition and voila: Module 'Symbols.dylib' by 'Chameleon' Loaded. Description: Chameleon symbols for linking Version: 0 Compat: 0Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib] 56136 bytes.Module 'FileNVRAM.dylib' by 'Unknown' Loaded. Description: Version: 0 Compat: 0 Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.2svn r Build date: 2014-01-26 11:28:48 Interestingly enough, it does not show "r2345" just "r", weird. Maybe a bug? ...
Yes, but egos get in the way and next thing you know someone gets hurt. And I should know, I was in the hackint0sh community from the very beginning so I've seen people burn and crash. At one point there was even a huge divide between two groups/forums, a lot of drama and what not. :)
Why rampage_dev on your blog .....does not prove with facts, attacking screen, why not show the steps with a log?
Mhmm ....him dont have a sandy bridge ...so please you are a mod here ...why rampage_ dev is not involved in this discussion? Err, this sounds like an invitation for an argument, and I'd like to focus on what I'm presenting here, so please let's stay with that. As it stands right now, my patch is required for all CPUs with a model number 0x2d which are SB-E and SB-EP (Xeon). The IB CPUs will get automatically detected by an untouched AICPM from Trashcan Pro 10.9 (13A4023), or 10.9.2 beta (13C44), if they are model number 0x3e.
I tried using kextload from within OSX to load AICPMInfo kext, as soon as it completed the system locked up. This is not a place to report problems with AICPMI. Please go to Pike's blog at http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com and contact him directly there.
This post was last edited on Feb. 23, 2014 at 15:00:00 EST, reason: Posted a link to MSRpatcher.dylib v007 - please read the note next to it I'm looking for fellow users who have SB or IB Xeon(s) or i7-39xx, on X79/C60x motherboards and lack CPU Power Management, to test this hack. This is an advanced topic and I will assume you have tried everything else and got everything else working, but are stuck with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and two power states (min/max). This means: - you have Xeon-E5 v1 (SB), Xeon-E5 v2 (IB), i7-39xx or i7-49xx (the last two have the same core as Xeon counterparts, just higher clock and no MP support) - you have cpu-type set to 0xa01 (2561) and are using MacPro6,1 in SMBIOS it appears to work better for some people as Macmini or iMac than MacPro as a platform definition, - you have plugin-type = 0x01 set on the CPU0, to utilize X86Platform* (we might deal with ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin later) you are using...