- Leave the Vanilla kexts for x3100 in place (but remove the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext)
- Remove all the kexts for gma 950
- use pacifist to extract the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext from the Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 package and copy ONLY this to /System/Library/Extensions/ folder (alternatively, just install the whole Graphics Update 1.0 package, but make sure you remove the gma 950 kexts before you reboot)
- rebuild your kext cache and restart the system, it should come up on the internal LCD at full resolution (1680 x 1050 for me)
- don't delete the default AppleIntelIntergratedFrameBuffer kext
Let's know if it works.
You can also check out my SL installation notes (for HP Compaq 6710b) at http://www.itayemi.c...p-compaq-6710b/
I am currently trying to see if a fixed DSDT may help my sleep problem.
omegaxMember Since 29 Mar 2006
Offline Last Active Mar 30 2016 01:50 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 23
- Profile Views 1,069
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown