Hi folks, it's been a while I didn't update my chameleon preference pane open source developments,
as many people seem to have difficulty with the open sources to figure out how that works I decided to help again by adding new features like:
- new rescue boot disk creation in the Boot Setup panel (old scripts from Lizard were there for a while but not integrated, now it is and it even easier than it was in lizard ...)
- new direct edit features for Partition renaming + Partition hiding (visual partition editing in the table view)
- New boot information dynamic tooltips on each chameleon boot partition
- new AppleSMBIOS Extraction and Parsing feature
- completely new partition extractor engine not relying anymore on diskutil redeveloped in objective c from scratch, now partition uuids (as read in OSX) are available. that latest feature is only displayed for info as for today. This is because the chameleon booter uuid format is not compatible for windows partitions with the format (4-2-2-2-6) displayed in OSX, we'll sort that out hopefully later with our other chameleon team devs.
- Dropped support of Leopard, now focusing only on SL and Lion.
Binary package available for V2.2.0 r465 :
- Added partition hiding + boot information tooltip new features
Sources are also availables as usual here:
Dunno yet on Lion as I don't have it installed yet but should be ok too.
*EDIT* Works fine on my newly installed Lion 10.7.2 partition
Note that it is assumed that you used a rather recent chameleon 2 rc5 bootloader, older chameleon bootloader support is not guaranted nor tested.
Please let me know if you like that new features
rekursorMember Since 22 Oct 2008
Offline Last Active Aug 02 2014 08:34 PM
- Group Retired Developers
- Active Posts 369
- Profile Views 3,359
- Member Title InsanelyMac Sage
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown