Want to share my personnel update experience from Mavericks to Yosemite like on a real MAC !
Vanilla update for Hackintosh from Mavericks To Yosemite like on a real MAC
How to update from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Yosemite 10.10. With Clover bootloader 2K r 2953.
1. Download official "Installer OS X Yosemite.app" and leave it in your Applications folder
2. Update your disk OS X 10.9.5 to Clover boot loader r2953 ( if you aren’t already ! )
3. Copy your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 folder and past and rename it 10.10
4. Update kexts in 10.10 folder if needed specially for Yosemite
5. Launch « Installer OS X Yosemite.app » on OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks disk
6. On reboot chose in Clover BOOTMENU « Boot OS X Install from « your disk name »
7. This will install and update your 10.9.5 disk to Yosemite and reboot once to finish
8. Reboot and Voila your in Yosemite procedure like on a real MAC !!
N.B I experienced already the same thing all along the updates from Yosemite DP1 to DP8 the last months via App store updating !
I hope this is not only working on my rig !
Thanks for reporting here your own experiences