I am trying to install SL to my external HD. I found guides about it. Basically, here's what I did: (trying to install Chameleon) (i dont have access to a Mac and an external dvd drive)
1. "Restored" the SL dmg file to my external HD.
-------- manual chameleon installation starts here --------------
2. dd if=boot0 of=/dev/sdf bs=440 count=1 (in linux)
3. dd if=boot1h of=/dev/sdf3 (in linux)
4. copied boot to /
5. added kexts
No luck. It won't boot. In the Disk Utility in Ubuntu 9.10, my external hdd showed many partitions. One of them is the Installation partition which is found in /dev/sdf3 (hence i used that in step 3). Did I do something wrong?
audioboiMember Since 22 Jul 2008
Offline Last Active Dec 13 2009 05:57 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 35
- Profile Views 691
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown