ASUS 1015PN GUIDE FOR Snow Leopard 10.6.6 OS X for Dual Boot (Win7 & OSX):
External USB DVD-RW Drive
USB Drive of 2GB
Kext Helper b7
Kexts from Kexts.com and VoodooLabs
1) Under Win7's Computer Management, Disk Storage prepare D: partition for OSX, keep partition as "Active" Primary Partition and format as FAT32 (Minimum size 32gb). If you can't format with this tool then use command line. Go to Windows/Start Icon and type cmd.exe [Ctrl+enter], and use:
format <drive letter>: /FS:FAT32
2) Place 10.6.6i DVD in external drive and Reboot, hit F2 to enter ASUS
boot options menu and set DVD-RW Drive as primary boot device
Hit F10 and save changes.
3) Chameleon with Load with four icons, highlight DVD icon and type: CPUS=1 -v
4) Once Mac OSX has loaded, prior to installation, select "Disk Utility", highlight OSX Drive and erase by using format MAC OS Extended (Journalized), once finished quit Disk Utility
5) Select Drive OSX for installation, hit Customize button and choose the following:
Bootloader -- Chameleon RC5
Patches -- Legacy Kernel
Boot Options: Graphics Enabler, USB Fix, EvOreboot, GMAX3100, ApplePS2controller, VoodooHDA2.62, Voodoo P-state, Voodoo Power, CardReader, TSCsync, Ntfs
DO NOT choose Sleep Enabler, Network (wired or wireless) options. These will not work and can cause kernel panic
Go get coffee or tea as this will take 25 to 35 minutes to install.
6) After successful installation, Mac OSX installation asks for restart, hit button, hit F2 again to set HD as first boot priority under ASUS boot options, hit F10+enter to save.
7) Chameleon Bootloader menu will appear, highlight "OSX" icon and type again CPUS=1 -v -f
8) POST installation kexts to download and install with Kext Helper from Kexts.com
AtheroL1cEthernet.kext (for ethernet jack)
AsusHotkeys.kext (from 1201N forum)
Run Kext Utility afterwards to repair permissions and to delete caches (Extensions.mkext)
If Kext Utiliy crashes, use Disk Utility to repair permissions.
9) Edit com.apple.Boot.plist (found in /Extra/ folder), put this string under Kernel Flags
10) shutdown, turn-on 1015pn, highlight OSX icon under Chameleon bootloader and type again:
Fire up the BBQ and grab a six pack, you're done.
Please Note: Broadcom (BCM94313hmgb) wifi pci card is not recognized (PCI ID 4727) by MAC OS X SL. Although I patched both info.plist in AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext and AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext under /System/Library/Extensions/IO82111Family.kext (/Contents/Plugins/ in kext). Both Kexts load but AirPort does not scan for wifi, if anyone has a solution, please let me know.
Current Solution for wifi: replace PCI-e card with Macbook card from eBay or USB wifi N150 or N300 (D-Link DWA131 or Airlink101 AWLL6075)
sleuthMember Since 10 Jun 2008
Offline Last Active Jun 05 2011 04:53 AM
- Group Newbies
- Active Posts 1
- Profile Views 159
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown