I have a R830-1G1 that is basically the same pc but with the i3....
1) just wondered if this guide will work for that machine?...seen elsewhere says it will but best to ask direct
2) also have you compiled all the ktexts into one file/ktext (as couldn't see that on here)?
3) So it is just the bluetooth and sleep functions that dont work now? I can live without them....
4) Will this guide work with a dual boot or can you use bootcamp once installed 10.8?
I have installed mac os on my old dell 1525 a year ago but this is the second time i will try this....other then following your guide and these questions anything else I need to know...I know how to install os to USB as already done that for mac mini...
Many thanks for your awesome hard work!
1) if you take a look at some of my posts and sig you'll see that we probably share the same R830 model, so the answer is yes... I've used a custom SSDT for my (our?) processor model though and it works great.
2) All the needed kexts/DSDT are made available from cele_82 - no need for nothing extra really - just follow the guide.
3) I've switched my wifi card to a Dell 1702 one and with an extra kext I now have the BT working too - although it has some issues that I can't find a solution to - like when connecting to my magic trackpad the mouse cursor jumps all over the screen and no multitouch is available... Not sure if it's just my particular problem though...
No sleep is working so far, unfortunately. Sleepenabler.kext causes a panic kernel on boot up on my R830 but works great on other hacks I've had/have.
4) I've got a dual-boot with Windows XP and OS X - you just have to partition you drive correctly and make the OS X install after - just search and use some great guides here at the forum or at youtube: 'dual boot os x and windows'.
Good luck and keep us posted.