- Intel Core i5-2410M @ 2.30 GHz + TurboBoost Up to 2.90GHz
- 8.00 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM
- 750 GB HDD
- Atheros 9287 Wifi/ Gigabyte Ethernet
- HD 3000 GPU / nVidia Optimus GeForce GT540M 2GB
- Elantech Multitouch TrackPad
- CPU with turboboost (Speedstep)
- HD 3000 GPU (full)
- 2 USB 2.0 Ports + USB 3.0 Port (See UPDATE 4 for USB 3.0 kext)
- Audio (Speaker/Headphone) + volume control
- Shutdown, Restart, Sleep (Lid and button)
- Brightness control
- Multitouch Enable Trackpad
- Dual Boot with Windows 8
- iMessage (FIXED)
- Bluetooth (See update 5 for download link)
- nVidia Optimus GeForce GT540M
- Set BIOS (Set to ACHI) and set Graphic to INTEGRATED*
- Burn iATKOS ML2 to USB
- Download kext: https://mega.co.nz/#...ActSKO4BZO9mSMk
- Partition Hard Drive
- Boot from iATKOS ML2 USB
- Disk Utilities > Format your OSX Partition to Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- Customize, Select, Install and Restart:
Original Apple Boot Logo
PatchMac Model> 8,1 MacBook Pro
SATA/IDE (leave the default select)
Battery*****(select this to get native battery working, without voodoo)
- Unzip 4830TG kext.zip
- Patch all kext Inside Folder [PATCH 1] using Kext Utilities P1.png
- Patch all kext Inside Folder [PATCH 2] using Kext Utilities P2.png
- Drag all Files inside Extra (in PATCH 2) to ~/Extra and replace all EXT.png
- Delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext inside Extension
- Rebuild Cache/Repair Permission Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 5.21.30 PM.png
- Install Pleaseslpeep.dmg
- Reboot with -f
- After Reboot, Open up Champlist (in your application folder) and select F-boot FBoot.png
- For iMessage Fix (Patch 3: http://tekwik.com/20...-fix-chameleon/)
EVERYTHING SHOULD BE WORKING AT THIS POINT
- Set Graphics to Integrated instead of Switchable if you want to increase battery life (5 - 7 hr Integrated/2-3 hr Switchable)
- Screen Brightness Control: Fn + F12 (down) AND Fn + Pause (Up)
- Headphone sound may be unstable at times (Open up Settings > sound > Mic and just leave the window open)
HEADPHONE FIX.pngTwitter: @rwu921
[UPDATE 1*] New ElanTech TouchPad kext is out V2.1.3: https://mega.co.nz/#...ACz66THGRdDLniAYou can add/remove different features in the plist!!(or visit official forum: http://forum.osxlati...driver-mac-osx/)
[UPDATE 2*] Turns out after a couple boots, -f (flag boot) is no longer necessary!!
[UPDATE 3*] Feel free to update to 10.8.3 and 10.8.4 via Apps Store. It might show unexpected error, but everything will be fine after restart. Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 4.07.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-06-06 at 1.47.35 PM.png
[UPDATE 4*] NO SLEEP FUNCTION IF YOU APPLY THIS KEXT (for now). USB 3.0 kext tested working!!! Here ya go fellows: https://mega.co.nz/#...ScGbwYryLNqYxVI
Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 1.55.51 AM.png
[UPDATE 5*] Bluetooth AR3011 tested working...finally! press Fn+F3 to cycle through wireless settings.
***Some of you might need to edit your VID and PID. I have it on VID0489/PIDE02C
Here ya go: https://mega.co.nz/#...WAS3EimLMvO16d0
[UPDATE 6*] HDMI Audio kext found!
For risk takers (USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISKS):
DSDT Tutorial (Step 1): http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WseMI07G6_A
For Acer 5830TG Mountain Lion Users (Kext Package):
*Fresh install required
Bluetooth kext (not tested/not fully functional):SOLUTION FOUND, SEE UPDATE 5
*Test it on any version beyond 10.8.2
*More files coming soon
*Try to make it recognize by OSX first!
*It goes Wifi + No BT --> Wifi + BT --> No Wifi + BT --> No Wifi + No BT --> Wifi + No BT
HDMI audio (not tested):SOLUTION FOUND, SEE UPDATE 6
*Test it on 10.8.0 or 10.8.2 first before moving onto higher version
*use only when the given files (above) doesnt work
*all files are not tested, read readme file first
*Includes:i3 2310M/2330M/2350M/2370Mi5 2410M/2430M/2450M/2520M/2540M/i7 2620M/2630QM/2640M/2670QM/2720QM/2760QM/2820QM/2860QM/2920QM/2960QM
TrackPad (for 3830TG user) [some report failure, update coming soon]
*Make sure you dont have VoodooPS2 when using this
Wifi Card (5830TG 3830TG users)
DSDT for 3830TG - WORK IN PROGRESS - By Yuvin
The Trackpad kexts for 3830TG work on my machine with synaptics trackpad.
I however can not seem to get the battery status working.
It works properly when I first install ML2 but as soon as I install kexts in patch #1 it just has an X through it.
I even tried to run the battery.pkg from install disk but it kernel panics me at that point on reboot.
I am not sure how else I can explain this better here.
In my s/l/e folder I have appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext plus appleintelcpupowermanagement196.0.0.kext from patch 1 folder. It doesn't seem to matter which one I delete..... after clean install and patch kextxs from patch #1 I can not seem to get battery indicator.