I managed to install 10.7GM on my P5Q-Delux mono. My full PC spec can be found on my signature. The guide that I used is this one. I have 3 hdd and I use the 160Gb one for testing.
Attention!!!! The OSInstall.mpkg is NOT modified to install on MBR. I gave up the MBR and Windows and I use GUID.
1. Have a working OS X
2. Have the 10.7 GM
3. Create with DiskUtility a 10Gb partition
4. Mount the OS X Lion dmg ( from Install Mac OS X Lion.app -> Show Contents -> Mount InstallESD.dmg -> Show Hidden files -> Mouns BaseSystem.dmg)
5. Restore from Disk Utility the BaseSystem.dmg to the 10Gb partition made
6. After restore unmount BaseSystem.dmg and go to the 10Gb partition and delete Packages from System/Installation
7. Copy Packages folder from Mac OS X Install ESD to Systems/Installation on the 10GB partition
8. Install Chameleon RC5 752 on the 10Gb partition
9. Copy the kexts and com.apple.boot.plist from Extra.zip attachment to you Extra folder in the 10Gb partition.
!!!!!!Leave the .plist untouched. I found that without the settings in it boots to a grey wallpaper...and thats it....doesn't go further. With it on my system it booted to installation screen in less then 5 min.
!!!! I do not use a DSDT.aml, I have a modified bios. (I'll post it ...if I cant find it ). If you use a DSDT, do make sure you put it in the Extra folder...edit com.apple.boot.plist and set the path for DSDT
!!!!These kexts and .plist can be used for SnowLeopard as well
10. Copy from Mac OS X Install ESD to the 10Gb partition the following files:
11. Reboot and boot from the HDD with the 10Gb partition. Select from Chameleon the partition you made.
12. Install as normal.
!!! --> My first install was a clean one on the 160Gb HDD to test how it works
!!! --> My second install was on the HDD with SnowLeopard….I DID NOT erase it, just installed over it. After installation when you are asked to create a USER…you can make a new one…and then transfer you old one. I haven't lost anything. Got my apps, email, iPhoto album, music, settings intact.
13. After install is done boot into your Leo/SnowLeo and install Chameleon on Lion partition and copy the extra folder.
14. Boot into Lion
If you use the P5Q-Deluxe mobo you will not have sound and internet. Install the VoodooHDA (you'll only get sound on the Green Jack…better than nothing) and IONetworkingFamily (for Marvel 8056) from kexts.zip.
If you use like me the Sapphire ATI 4870HD 1Gb GDDR5 it should fully work. I got 1080p resolution.
As far as I can see…I got no errors…and hope I don't get.
People recommend that you download updates and then install them and not to use Software Update from System Preferences. I've always updated trough that since Leopard and never had a problem
Geekbench Score x32 -> 5705, x64 -> 6151
Don't know the scores on SnowLeo but it was 100-200 points lower, and in windows was a lot lower …under 4800
@@@@@I'll soon post, time depending, a guide on how to install Lion without having a working OS X (using Windows). I have done it with Leopard but first need to see if it works.
-> it feels a bit faster
-> like the mission control and launchpad
-> like the new finder
-> hate the scroll set to natural
-> i got a couple of times a -50 error when I would open iTunes but it would work. now I don't get the error. I don't know if I installed something that got rid of it.
->restart works always
->it goes to sleep and wakes up...but if you restart or shut down and turn on you will get a bios reset
->shutdown...yes and no...it works in a cycle...if you shutdown and the OS goes off but still got power on computer...long press power button to shut down....when you turn it on and shutdown again...it works as it should and then if you shutdown again the OS goes off but still got power on computer....and so on.
?Does any one know if I cant get sound output from my 4870HD card? I know it has 7.1 trough HDMI...in windows it worked. I have my monitor connected trough HDMI, and the monitor has a 3.5mm and optical output and gets the signal from HDMI. The optical output on my mobo doesn't work.
xlucianMember Since 18 Jun 2007
Offline Last Active Nov 02 2013 03:51 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 53
- Profile Views 679
- Member Title InsanelyMac Protégé
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown